Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seven Things I Love - but who's counting?

I have been tagged by Tami over at The Miller Family Blog to name 7 things that I love, and then tag 7 blogger friends to do the same.

Here are my 7 things, in no particular order:

1. I love my family. Of course that’s a given. I consider my family to include my wonderful Hubby, children, parents, my brother and his family, and of course my Goldens.

2. I love spending time with my friends. Especially if that time includes lying around by the pool, playing cards, playing with the dogs, and sipping cool rum beverages.

3. I love taking pictures; it’s one of my very favorite things to do. Especially of my family, dogs, scenery, sunsets, wild animals, butterflies, flowers, random stuff, goofy stuff….pretty much you name it, and I’ll take a happy snappy of it.

4. I love to travel. Especially to places I’ve never been before. I may be pretty grounded at home, but I have a wandering spirit. Remember the old quote from JRR Tolkien – “Not All Who Wander Are Lost”….yup, that’s me.


5. I love going to Renaissance Faires. I know, it might sound geeky, but I love them. I love the feeling of becoming someone from a different time, getting all dressed up in my “garb” meeting new people that have no idea of who you are or what you do, but connecting because you have this silly fascination with all thing dealing with medieval times. I can’t wait for the next time I go!

6. I love music. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t listen to music. I love nearly all kinds of music too. I have pretty broad taste when it comes to tunes. The only kind of music I have no use for is (c)rap. I’m not a big country fan either, but I can tolerate it. Some of my favorite music comes from the Barenaked Ladies, David Bowie, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole, John Denver, Chicago, Vangelis, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Refreshments, Billy Joel, INXS, Mozart, Marilyn Manson, anything Celtic, Crash Test Dummies, The Eagles, and Franz Ferdinand, to name a few. Throw in about a thousand other artists, and you’ve got my IPod.

7. And last, but not least. I love blogging. Seriously. I. Love. It. I love thinking about what I’m going to post, all of the awesome blogging friends I’ve made over the last year, visiting their blogs, you name it…I love it.

Ok, so now it’s your turn. Time to tell us what you love!

Valerie at http://mybubear.blogspot.com

Kelly at http://ugottafriend.blogspot.com

K&S at http://dugansbarkery.blogspot.com

KBL at http://kbl2ord2san2luv.blogspot.com

Chris at http://diet-coke-rocks.blogspot.com

April at http://aprilsreign.blogspot.com

Curt (it will make you feel good) at http://whilewalkingduncan.blogspot.com

Now…if this tag would have been “tell us about a whole bunch of random stuff you love” I would have had to include:

The smell of a spa on a cruise ship
Fried chicken
Men in kilts
Bagpipe music
Halloween
Thrift store shopping for Halloween props
Chocolate
Throwing a big party
Entertaining
Reconnecting with old high school friends
Cranking up opera music
American Idol, Amazing Race and Survivor
Brad Pitt
Hot summer evenings
Las Vegas, when I have money to spend
Going to live theater

…….and the list would go on, and on……….


6 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Thank you for sharing. Wow, your music list is quite diverse, from Mozart to Marilyn Manson! Kinda like mine, I'm a classically trained pianist but I love rock n' roll, some pop and some country music.

donna said...

Didn't know you were a Ren Faire person -- let me know next time you're going!

One of our favorite things, too...

Kelli said...

Awesome, thanks so much for tagging me! I will post tonight after my meeting! :)

Chris H said...

Love the list... and it's add on's! I don't do these meme thingee's... I would be parked by my computer all day if I did! Thanks for the tag... but nope, ain't gunna do it! Anyone who reads me blog KNOWS what I love! Shopping... blogging... sometimes even my kids!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

OK then...we're putting together our list!!!!! Love ya!

Tami said...

Sue, I think we were sisters in a previous life. I too love Ren Fairs! Why o Why do you we live so far apart!!???!!