Monday, November 9, 2009

A-Z Mondays, "I" is for "Italians!"

Better late than never, right? Hey, it's still Monday where I am...so here goes.

I was contemplating what to do for my "I" post...I mulled over several different ideas yesterday...I came up with Illustration...Imagination, Illumination, Idiosyncrasies, Ideology....you name it, I'd thought about it...but nothing struck me as the right thing to post about, UNTIL I woke up this morning at 3:48am thinking of my new friends across the world, Simona and Marco - the Italians! Of course! The timing was perfect! Why hadn't I thought of it before! Today was the perfect day to tell you about my new wonderful Italian friends!
Simona and Marco, (if you don't already know these incredible blogging buddies), are Mom and Dad to three gorgeous Golden pups, Paco, Milo and Maya, in Asti, Italy. Over the last couple of months, Simona and Val of My Boo Bears had become very close, and Val invited Simona and Marco to come and vacation here in San Diego, and stay with her. Simona and Marco decided to come, and I got the benefit of meeting them, since Val is my neighbor and lives right across the street!

Simona and Marco arrived in San Diego late the evening of Oct. 23rd...just in time to rest up and come over for our Halloween party the next night. It was perfect timing! I'm pretty sure they thought we were all crazy that first night, but they seemed to enjoy themselves and get a kick out of all of the crazy people they met that first night.

The next day, as we recovered from the party, Val, Simona and Marco headed just north of San Diego, to Encinitas, a lovely beach community, to a fantastic beach house Val and rented for the week. Together, along with Golden Samantha's family, who also made a long trek to come and visit (from the Bay area), they spent a wonderful week exploring, sight seeing, and relaxing in the gloriously perfect fall weather. We all got together for a delicious dinner at a swanky restaurant mid week, and had a wonderful time chatting about (what else!) our Goldens! Between all of us we have 10 Goldens! Incredible!
On the following Saturday, Halloween day, Simona and Marco joined us at the Golden Costume parade and party I'd organized for our Golden group. They got a kick out of seeing so many Goldens in costume - there was literally every size, shape and shade you could imagine! I was sure to give them a special introduction to the group - and I was just so tickled that they came to the meetup. What a pleasure it was to have them join us! KBL, another blogger buddy, Golden group member, and wonderful friend was also there, and bought Simona and Marco some raffle tickets. It was so cool when Simona's number was called first, and she got to pick a special gift to bring home to her fur babies!

The entire day was a blast, and I felt truly honored that they took the time to come to the meetup.

The next morning, Simona and Marco headed north to Los Angeles, to visit with even more blogger buddies! They spent two and a half days seeing the sites of LA, everything from Universal Studios, to the Hollywood sign, to the famous streets of downtown. They thoroughly enjoyed their world wind tour!

They arrived back in San Diego Tuesday morning, in time to return their rental car, take a quick swim, do a little site seeing, and have a nice dinner before their evening flight home.

Take a little swim? Yup! That's what I meant about glorious fall weather. Our pool was 74F. and Simona decided it was warm enough to take a swim with the dogs. Where else can you swim on Nov. 3rd without freezing your buns off? It was so fun seeing her enjoy herself so much!

After her swim, we headed out for a bit, as I mentioned yesterday...to the Cabrillo National Monument, and the tide pools.

It was a fast, fun afternoon, and the only thing that could have been better was to have been able to have more time to spend together!

The visit wound up with an awesome dinner, and long, warm hugs goodbye.

It was a visit I will never forget, with new friends that I look forward to spending many more vacations with!
Così lungamente per ora i miei cari amici, spero di vederlo ancora presto! (I know, my Italian is terrible!) Ti amo tutti!
If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to stop by Jen's blog here.

9 comments:

Najia said...

Baahahahaha! Sue! You and I are living in parallel universes! I figured even if it was late, it was still Monday on the west coast so what he heck!? Throw up some pictures and give it a whirl. I love your letter "I" post! Simona and Marco sure were wonderful. They had an "I"ncredible time and I can't wait until we are all together again!

Hope you had a calm Monday! Hugs to your Pops and to Pretty Gal Pickle!

kks said...

what a perfect hostess you were Sue, i can see the love in the pictures...amazing what a little ole blog can do to bring people together....so cool!
xoxo

Valerie Cummings said...

Well I have to say this may top the week in review post!!! It made me all teary eyed again. Simona and Marco are such wonderful people! And Im glad you got to meet Samanthas parents Miche and Bill, oh and Konas parents too from LA! What a dream come true that whole week was! Im so glad we are friends! Hugs Joey and Kealani and Val

Golden Samantha said...

What a fabuloso time you had with Simona and Marco, as we did as well! They are such fun and were so open to every activity we did! I know they had a great time, but I know we did too and it was WONDERFUL to meet so many blogger pals in SOCal - both dogs and their hoomans! Thanks for everything y'all!
xo Sammie

Cassie said...

I too love Paco & Milo's blog!! Also the other Goldens, but don't get to visit much. How cool to get to meet fellow bloggie folks!! I've met Jen and also Dr.Dre's folks. Cool.

Hey, I'm lucky if I get my Monday post done before you all are in bed!! (I'm Pacific time in N.Idaho) Occasionally I'll do it on Sunday, but usually I'm just late. Oh well. Good post anywhoooo. x-c

Sierra Rose said...

What a marvelous "I" post! Simona and Marco seemed to have an amazing trip, so glad they were able to meet you all. Your party looked and sounded fantastic. Good time all around we are sure of it!!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDD!!!!!
What an incredible post....all for us!!!!
We are soooooooooooo honored dear Sue!!!
You were a perfect hostess for us...and we are been very very very lucky having you as a friend!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
I'm very very emotional....and you can't imagine how much I'm crying now!!!!!
I'm feeling your absence a lot!!!!
We spent wonderful days with you and your family and all our new friends....
YOU'RE OUR NEW FAMILY!!!!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwww.......
how many memories....tons of wonderful sensations.....my heart is beating fast.....i would love live close to you!!!!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.....
can't wait to meet you again!!!!
Sure youre a big and important part of our lives from now on!!!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!
Tons of love and kisses!!!!

Jen said...

What an incredible tail!! ;)
The blog world is an amazing place.

Homer said...

An excellent post Sue! Like you, we love Simona and Marco too! They are 'I'ncredible people!

Love,
Homer and Missus