Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful for our Veterans

I want take a moment to say Thank You to all of our United States Veterans. It's because of you that we live in the land of the free, and the home of the brave. And we know that freedom is by no means free. Thank you so much for your service to our country.

I feel that I've gained a new perspective and appreciation for Veteran's over the past 6 months since I've been making twice weekly visits to the Veteran's Administration Hospital. Kona and I have met so many wonderful people there, both young and old. Those visits have really opened my eyes to the incredible sacrifice our Veterans have made for our county.

When I tell people that I take Kona to the VA for therapy visits, I get nice compliments, "What a good thing it is that you do," "That's great that you visit those folks," etc. What some people don't understand is that it is an honor for me to go and spend some time with these patients, to listen to their stories and share my dog with them. They make me feel proud. They make me feel like I am giving a little something back to our community.

They are the ones who have done good things for our country. They are the ones who should be getting the compliments.

Everyday, and especially on days like today, I am proud to be an American, and forever thankful for the great sacrifices our military personal give in the name of our country.

God Bless America, and God Bless our Veterans.

1 comment:

Merrill said...

... and this is why you deserve a dog as Kona!