Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Party 2009, Part 4 - The Last of the Decorations

At last, a little bit of down-time to post some more pictures. Yesterday's Halloween Pooch Party was a huge success, and I'll be posting pictures of that soon, but for now, here are the backyard, saloon, and Ghost Town pictures....among others.


Daytime pictures...the morning of the party.
(This is what you saw as you came out the swinging saloon doors from the haunted lodge.)
More of the backyard.
Looking back towards the house.
The backside of the "mine" - the skeletons on the cart actually moved their arms up and down.
Inside the covered wagon, looking towards the ghost town.

Looking towards the actual saloon.
Just a little something roasting on the BBQ for our friends. (This looked great at night with the flame lights under it, and the rotisserie spinning.)
Looking back towards the pool....before the gaming tables arrived.
Our nicely stocked bar. We had over 300 test-tube shots in the "poison" bucket. We called them "Six Shooter Shots" and there were 12 different varieties.
An hour before the party. Game table set up and ready for action. You can see our jacuzzi in the background that became the stage for our dancing saloon girls.
My favorite thing I painted this year. He was part of our ghost town set.
More of my painting projects...

This stuff looks much better at night...
when the lights were glowing...
and things looked eerie.
Even the bar looked better at night

From the saloon, looking out toward the ghost town.
The dancing girls in action. (And yes, their legs really kicked up!)

The finished ghost town. The "2 Bit Ho-Tel"...complete with the "Ho's" hanging out on the balcony looking for action.
The stable and the bank, with a robber sitting out in front.


And last, but not least, Tom Sawyer on his raft...
I'll start posting pictures of the guests soon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Sue, you went all out. So cool. Your party decor loos awesome.

Chris H said...

Where on earth do you get all those things from? Like the wagon? I am in awe of the efforts you go to... totally!

Golden Samantha said...

Oh. My. Dog. Is your house totally destroyed (nail holes, etc.?) That is a totally complete JOB - Disney or somebody company oughtta hire you guys out to design their sets - totally awesome! Can't believe what you did!!! Wish we'd been there, but a bit late. Still... sooooo glad to have met you and spent a bit of VERY fun time with you and your funny hubby! Only so sorry we didn't get to the meetup parade. Truly bummed, but we had to get going... long trip. We'll be back hahahahahahahmuahhhhh ahahahahahah!!!
xo Sammie et al

Jen said...

Yes, this puts my cardboard pumpkins hanging in the window to shame.
You are very very talented my friend!

Sierra Rose said...

Oh! We're speechless! This is truly a work of amazing hands! Incredible!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose and mom

Najia said...

Sue, I didn’t realize you had painted so much of the décor…like the horses! Wow. I am thoroughly impressed. Have you studied art? I bet you have always had that talent.

Are you left-handed? My sister is a lefty and she is the painter and all around artist in our family.

I’m so glad you’ve posted about the decorating process because it helps me to fully grasp what all exactly went into the extravaganza. Makes me appreciate it that much more. So cool!

Valerie Cummings said...

Thats it! Im calling HGTV! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Creative-Type Dad said...

Wow!! That's one party I wish I were invited to.

Anniessa said...

Looks fabulous! Wow!!