Friday, November 13, 2009

Bad Momma

I am a bad Momma, I will admit it.

Today is Jack's 6th birthday.

We didn't have a cake, we didn't have a party, and we didn't have presents. I didn't plan on not doing anything special for him...it just kind of worked out that way. My Pops is in the hospital, it's been a couple of busy days... I wonder if he knows...I wonder if he's mad...

I did make him wear a hat for a picture though. Can you tell by the look on his face that he was concentrating intently on the treats I had in my hand?The poor boy spent the day snoozing, playing with his brother and sisters, and looking at me with his gorgeous brown eyes, begging for food.

He's out now for a nice long walk with AJ. Soon he'll come home, have some dinner, and resume his earlier activities...snoozing, playing and begging...that's just the kind of boy he is.

I hope he doesn't hold grudges.

7 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

Oh Jack! You are lovely! HAPPY BARKDAY! We know you love mom all the same...even though there wasn't a big celebration. That was a very festive hat!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh I didnt know its his birthday!!!! Happy Birthday Jackie!!!! I have some extra cake if you like!!!! We love you bro! Hugs JOey and Kealani

kks said...

oh Jack, sometimes life gets too busy to everything! happy birthday to you! he's thinking Christmas will be extra special this year since you missed his birthday! :)
have a great weekend Sue, speedy recovery for your Dad....
xo

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Jack..Happy Birthday!! Six years old!!! Maybe your mother will get you some extra treats since you didn't get a cake! Love your hat..it looks good on you!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Jack is such a sweet boy, he could never hold a grudge. You aren't a bad mom - just an overwhelmed one. The fact that you make EACH day special for Jack and his siblings is all that I'm sure a beautiful golden could want!!

Chris H said...

*sniff*... poor Jack! No birthday or cake for him. I love Jack.

Curt Rogers said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!

I wouldn't worry, Sue. He's a Golden; there's not a vindictive bone in his precious body! He loves you just as much as he always has!

I hope your Pops is doing better. I'm sending good thoughts in your direction!