Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Surf's Ups! (Too bad the sun wasn't!)

As promised, here are some more pictures from last Saturday's Surf Dog Competition -no surf pictures though, just fun ones....most of the surf pictures were from too far away to be able to make anything out.

Jill, getting warmed up!
Some of us from the group getting interviewed by the CW network
Our Golden SurFUR team
Pickle (in yellow with sunglasses) with Jill, being interviewed by another news station
Our little surf diva with Hubby.
Jill showing her stuff for one of the local newspaper photographers
Richochet, one of our team members
There were thousands of people there to watch the competition.
The competition was held at lovely Imperial Beach
This pup thought the water was just a little cool...
Scooter was pooped after a long day of surfing
Kalani, one of our team members, won FIRST PLACE in the "big dog" competition. She's an AWESOME surfer!
"Mom, I'm done!"
"seriously - done!"
Although it was a cool, drizzly day, our pups really shined! It was a blast to see the dogs getting so much attention from news stations and photographers from all over the world. So far we've (and I mean specifically members of the Golden SurFURS) been on 3 locals news stations, in the S.D. Union Tribune, on the Today Show, the NBC Nightly News, and TMZ. At the event we were even filmed by a German News station! Last year Jill's picture showed up on Perez Hilton's Blog...(I'm not sure that's anything to brag about though!)

6 comments:

Chris H said...

What gorgeous photos, I love the ones at the end showing the dogs exhausted! So cute.

Najia said...

You are so funny Sue! I don't know what I love more, the commentary or the photos....commentary a very, very close second! :-)

Jill looooooves her papa, doesn't she? Ed has always wanted a female Golden so they wouldn't all end up being mama's boys. ;-)

I wish I could have been there...were at Coronad with my dad though for Father's Day. Next year I'll bring him along!

I sent an email to your sandago@aol.com that's listed here...just checking to make sure you got it. We're trying real hard to snap Milo out of his funk...hangin' with other Goldens will be just the right medicine.

Farley's Mom said...

Oh my gosh, I would have loved to see an event like that! This is our first time at your blog, we found you from Pipa :)

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Wowowowooooooo!!!!!!!!
Another great post dear Sue!!!!
Gorgeous photos...we love watching all these wonderful surfer goldies!!!!
They look soooooooooooooooo beautiful and funny...and really really engaged in their work!!!
we wish were with you....here in Italy there aren't nothing like what you do in USA....
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......
pleaseeeeeeeeeee......show us tons of photos about your wonderful adventures!!!!
Lots of love and kisses!!!!!!!!

Homer said...

This is a great post and we love the video of the dogs surfing (mentioned in your previous post). The dogs are doing a very excellent job. Well done! My humans do not know how to surf. They are scared that the lions might jumped out of the waves and attack them. What were they thinking?

I need to catch up on your blog (as well as the others). Missus has been feeling lazy lately and I think I'm going to get another secretary.

Love,
Homer
PS: One of these days I might get a chane to leanr how to surf.

Allison Walton said...

Wow--we didn't know you were so famous!

Maybe Jill can get close enough to bite Perez Hilton's butt. He deserves it!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo