Saturday, June 13, 2009

Opening Day at the Fair!

Yesterday was the opening day at the Del Mar Fair (now known as the San Diego County Fair). I went for just a short while to check out some of the new eats, and just to get a general idea of what new items were out there that I might not be able to live without.

It was the first of what is sure to be several fair trips this year. (Thank goodness for the "unlimited" ticket I purchased!)

I was not disappointed, there was lots to see, and even more importantly, lots of new weird stuff to eat!

The theme of the fair this year is "Music Mania"
The "Don Diego" statue dressed as a character from "Kiss"
One of my favorites
Yum!
Turkey legs, another favorite!
Some of the odder offerings this year.



I'm hoping these were performers for one of the shows...
This beauty reminded me of Kona
Yes, please, one of each!
This guy was in a food coma!

3 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Looks like you had a great deal of fun! You got to take your dog? Oh, so lucky! I have an award for you at my blog!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Chris H said...

Fancy tormenting me with all those photos of food! Not fair!!! I hope you enjoyed your's! Pfffffft.

Allison Walton said...

Ooh, this place looks like so much FUN! It's open all summer? Mommee loves "fair food". But some of those foodables sound even too weird for us.

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo