Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun Stuff and serious stuff too...

Yesterday was a dog gone fun day! We started out with a bit of a lazy morning, and ended with a flurry of fun and activity.

In the early afternoon a group of members from the Golden Group went on another Kayaking adventure. Since Hubby and AJ had been before, we decided to pass this time, and give someone else the chance to have fun. I did go down and introduce myself to some of the new members (this was the first meetup for about 3 families) and took pictures. How many people can say they've been kayaking with their dog, and have people believe them? I wanted to be sure I gave them all proof! Everyone seemed to have fun, and we only had one "jumper" this time. The member (Ashley) was able to get her pup back into the kayak without too much trouble, so no harm done...



After getting home from taking the kayak pictures, we packed up the gang and headed to a meetup call "Leash Your Fitness". It was billed as "A workout for you AND you dog!" Sheesh, they weren't kidding! There was cardio, yoga, agility, swimming and off leash play. I was a total wimp and only did the first few minutes of the cardio - I felt a very uncomfortable twinge down the back of my (still numb) right leg, and that was all the convincing I needed to stop and take it easy. Numb I can handle, shooting pain down the back of my leg again? Not so much. I was jokingly chided a bit about stepping out, but that's ok, better a little embarrassment than a lot of pain. For the most part, I think it's safe to say that everyone had very good time.
Kona seemed to enjoy himself
Pickle was oh so thrilled, can you tell?
Up and over!
Some folks brought the whole family for the fun!
Poor AJ had some extra weight to contend with!
Ready for some pool play!
It was nice and cool and just what the doctor ordered!
Tired boys, ready to head home!
On a serious note...I spoke to my Pops this morning and found out that the defibrillator they put in with his pace maker gave him a jolt at about 12:30am. That means his heart probably stopped and the defibrillator zapped it to get it going again. Pretty scary stuff!!

7 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

That is SOO cool - the kayaking, I mean. But scary as heck about your dad! Thank god for the pacemaker!!

Homer said...

You guys are so cool. First, you went canoing (spelling?) and now kayaking. what's next? Bungee jumping? I wish I was there. I bet you guys had a blast!

Love,
Homer

Najia said...

Awww, how adorable is this post? I laughed out loud at the dive in....Golden Overboard! I can only imagine my spazzbucket of a Golden trying to get into a kayak. Ha!

Your precious dad is in my prayers, and thank God for modern tech, no? Bless you all.

Farley's Mom said...

You are so lucky to have so many dog friendly activities where you live!

Tami said...

Looks like the dogs (and people) had fun! WOW! I'm glad your dad is okay. Is he going for a checkup?

Allison Walton said...

What a cool idea! Seems like everyone had a good time--sorry about your leg, though. And what a crazy thing about your dad! Glad he has the pacemaker to keep things working!

Wuv,
gus and Waldo

Travel girl said...

OMG How funny. Kona is just sitting there being a good boy as Hubby is working hard. I like the picture of Hubby jumping the Hurdle as Kona just casually walks through it... Too funny. Thanks for sharing all your photos.