Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winner, winner, winner!

Isn't it silly that something as simple as a piece of plastic with gold paint, some shiny sticky paper wrapped around it, and a few words etched into a little name plate can make you feel so good? I'm talking about a trophy here, folks, a genuine, first place trophy, and it's mine, all mine!

Well, ok, maybe not actually all mine, it was actually awarded to our dog group this morning (and since I am the organizer, and pay the group fees, it is partially mine at least...), as the first place winners of the "Novelty Walking" division in the 57th annual Escondido Christmas Parade.


This was the first appearance our group has ever made in this parade, and for a while this morning, I didn't know if it was going to happen or not. Unlike last week's La Jolla Christmas Parade, where we had nearly 80 members and their dogs attend, this event had unusually light RSVP's for our group, and I was getting downright worried. It would be a little awkward, I thought, to walk with just a handful of members, and up until the last minute, I'd been thinking about pulling our entry. I'm so glad I didn't! We wound up having nearly 25 show up with their dogs, which wasn't bad at all considering it was bitter cold, and threatening rain all morning.

Luckily the rain held out, the dogs were wonderful, and the crowd loved us. That, all bundled up with a sweet first place trophy, made it an excellent morning...what more could you ask for? (Yeah, yeah, I know, a winning lotto ticket...)








9 comments:

HWHL said...

Your doggies are JUST PRECIOUS!!!! Followed you over here from KBL's blog and I am now SMITTEN by your 3 Golden's - they are beauty-full! :-)

I have 2 - one mixed breed and one (very destructive) 7 month old Chocolate Lab. You can read about their mad-cap adventures if you're so inclined. :-)

(Kona's color is just beautiful - I've never seen a Golden quite that pale!)

April said...

YAY! Congrats to you and your beautiful pups!!

Kelli said...

That's so neat! Congratulations!!!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Whooooohooooo!!! Way to go Sue and the SDGR Meet up group! It is so neat how your group has just taken off. Obvously a result of all of your hard work. Great Job Sue!!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

OK, so I just saw on Val's blog that we missed your birthday AGAIN!!!!!! Crap!

Happy belated Sue, we love you.

Kim and Shar

Travel girl said...

A well deserved Trophy. I love the last picture of Kona he looks so festive.

Curt Rogers said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! I wish I could've been there to celebrate with you!

Chris H said...

It is a beautiful trophy! You guys deserved it. Well done.

Rick said...

Congratulations! Such gorgeous dogs.