Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flushed...


Bear's Betta fish, (in)appropriately named Nemo, croaked today. Well, fish obviously don't croak, but I'm pretty sure you get the gist of what I mean. He's gone off to that great big aquarium in the sky (or rather the sewer system...)


OK, I know I'm being mean, and disrespectful to all of the fish lovers out there in the world...but I guess I'm just not one of them. I giggled and refused to help her when she came and told me her dilemma..."Mom, my fish is dead...I need to get rid of it." My only suggestion was to flush it. We certainly couldn't bury the little thing, Kona would have dug it up in a heartbeat. Then she wanted help getting it out of the bowl. Nope, not my gig. I told her that "there are somethings in life you have to do by yourself, and this is one of them." Handle it.

Well, she did handle it, and she did a good job. Cleaned everything up, "took care" of things. Just a moment ago she came out of her room and told me, "I'm sure it's just my imagination, but I think my room smells like dead fish." HA HA HA! I cracked up!

I think I'm gonna get coal in my stocking this year!
*Thanks to Google Images for the picture

9 comments:

Kelli said...

That cracked me up! Poor fishy! I gotta tell ya, fish don't stand a chance with me. I finally gave up after the last two died after only a couple weeks in my home. Oh, and I did bury them...haha!

April said...

Did you read my post about accidentally pouring the stupid fish into the disposal?? And then turning it on?? It was totally a mercy kill. There was no way in HELL I was sticking my hand INTO THE DISPOSAL to retrieve a slimy beta fish. Oh HAIL no. I have no sympathy for fish, I am sorry. If you can't PET it, it's NOT a PET. Right??

Tami said...

Not to worry - I have flushed many fish! And I had a huge smile remembering the times I had to make my son do the same thing for the first time.

Bogart said...

Ah yes, the dead pet. We tried to kill our fish, but they would not die and we always gave away our dogs to other family members who "needed them more"...so, no pets passing on my watch.

Valerie Cummings said...

OMG thats a crack up! Oh I like your blog design! Hugs Valerie Joey and Kealani

Travel girl said...

I did not even know Bear had a fish.....Shows you how much I know. But really I totally had a visual of her standing there telling you she thinks her room smells like dead fish. Too funny.

Shirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirl said...

Getting a job, paying taxes, flushing your own damn fish. Ahh... the joys of adulthood.

Please give Bear a hug and my condolences.

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Oh, you are mean!!! And we LOVE IT! You are too too funny. Poor Pickle - maybe you can have Fish for Christmas dinner??? OK, now who's being mean!! What a great laugh you gave - thanks!!!!!!!