Thursday, December 18, 2008

This little piggy said, "OUCH!"


I went to my podiatrist today. My toe has been sore since the 3 Day walk...and come to find out, I had an ingrown toenail. If you've never had one, let me tell you, it ain't no fun! It was so sore that even a sheet rubbing across it in the middle of the night would send a shooting pain up my foot and wake me right up. No sirree, no fun at all.

I have a new foot doctor. My other doctor recently moved out of state...I LOVED my other doctor...so, in my opinion, this new guy had some pretty big shoes to fill. My new doctor's name is Dr. Brown. Dr. James Brown. No kidding. I'm not sure what I expected...I guess maybe for him to tell me that "I feel good, I knew that I would now ,so good, so good, I got you, Whoa!..." or something along those lines. He did not. I was disappointed. A little.

But, he seems like a really great doctor. Great sense of humor when I hassled about his name, professed my love for the guy he replaced, and told him he looked pretty young to be doing this...I think I'll keep him.

He proceeded to take care of my poor little piggy, starting off with some numbing spray, then 6, yup, count um, 6 shots in my toe, and then cut, snip, yank, OUCH!, done. He wrapped it all up pretty, and now it reminds me of something out of a cartoon. Thankfully I had clogs with me that I could slip on easily.

I also had to get an x-ray on my left foot for another issue I've been having. Achilles tendinitis with a side order of bone spurs...yeah, that's real fun too! Been there, done that, had the surgery on my right foot...so the left one is not a surprise. Maybe I'll get a pretty pink cast like I had last time...whoopee!

3 comments:

Travel girl said...

Well at least your toe nails look great. I can only imagine how horrible those shots were.

Chris H said...

How nice that you liked the new toe doctor! Funky toes I might add! Love the toe ring... radical mate!

Curt Rogers said...

You may have a cartoon toe but the others look wonderful! Especially the little one with the ring! I hope you feel better in time to dance a Christmas jig with your beautiful pups!