Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Making progress



At last it feels like I am making some progress on things I've been needing to get done. My grocery shopping for our Christmas dinner is done. My Christmas cards were finally sent last week, all 99 of them! The tree is up and the house is as decorated as it's going to get. I've made the table bigger, and gotten out my Christmas dishes, table cloths, place mats and napkins. I've gathered my recipes for the dishes I only make once a year, and my 23 lb. turkey is thawing nicely. To top it off, Hubby and I got the greater majority of our wrapping done last night! We even have a couple of presents under the tree, and so far (knock on wood) Kona has totally ignored everything under the tree - I was convinced that he was going to try to investigate every single new thing...
Yahoo! I feel like I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now, I just have to finish up a couple of little things...one more trip to the dreaded shopping mall...finish wrapping a few things for hubby...and maybe, just maybe, fingers crossed...I'll be DONE!
Dare I say, I beginning to feel a bit....festive!

3 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

Sue, your Christmas tree is simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas to everyone there!

Thor and Jack said...

Sue
My family and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

xoxo
Thor

Homer said...

Nice tree!

Love,
Missus