Monday, February 8, 2010

A-Z Mondays, the Food Version! "C" is for Chicken!




My very first ever job was here...Pioneer Chicken. Oh, how I love chicken, especially good fried chicken. As a young girl I worked at Pioneer for over two years. You know how when you work at a fast food place and eat the food there all the time and you get totally sick of it? Well, that didn't happen with me. I ate that chicken nearly every day that I worked there for over two years and still loved it. (Who, me? Over weight? Whatever gave you that idea?)

For that matter, to this day I would have to say that chicken is my favorite food. When I think of my last meal (you know, if I was going to the gas chamber or something) I think it would have to be home made fried chicken, white rice with mushroom soup gravy, home made cole slaw, corn, crescent rolls with butter and honey, and iced tea. Oh, I am practically drooling just thinking of it!




I am not a picky chicken snob...I love chicken in every form...just a few of my favorites are:


  1. fried chicken (of course!)

  2. roasted

  3. grilled

  4. BBQ'd

  5. popcorn

  6. lemon

  7. teriyaki

  8. kung pao

  9. crockpot

  10. beer can

  11. broasted and this list could go on and on...

If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to check out Jen's blog here! Bon appetite!

11 comments:

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Fried chicken...yum!

Ben said...

I'm with you - never met a chicken dish I didn't like. And I've met a bunch of 'em.
(I did get sick of McDonald's food the summer I worked there - but who wouldn't?)

kks said...

oh yum! i love chicken too...eat it probably 5 times a week...but stay away from fried...usually have it roasted!
but that fried chicken sure looks awesome!
xoxo

Unknown said...

My favorite fast food chicken....don't have it in my neighborhood in Texas, butg have fond memories of it in CA.

Minerva said...

There is nothing better than a good piece of fried or barbecued chicken! This post is making me hungry..
Have a good Monday

Jen said...

Happy Monday to you Sue.
After a nice filet, I would choose chicken. :)
It is versatile though isn't it?

Cassie said...

You sure aren't a chicken snob. hehe. The only chicken fast food I ever heard of was Kentucky Fried and have never tasted that. (Remember Kentucky Fried Rat?!)
I'm not sure I ever heard of Pioneer Chicken. Must be good if you still like it after 2 years of munching on it!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I'm with you on that one!!! I could eat an entire bucket of fried chicken right now if I had it!!! Sure I know it's not good for me but.....sometimes you just have to be bad!! If it wasn't snow and ice everywhere I think I would go out right now and get some!!!

Meeka said...

I love, love chicken especially chicken jerky. Hello to JJK & H.
Meeka

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh I love fried chicken! Yum! Val

Najia said...

Fried chicken!? Did someone say fried chicken???? I'm comin' over.