Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kona's Spring Bling


I got myself in gear the other day, and made Kona some new bandannas to wear for his therapy visits. I think with these 3 he now has about 9 different ones...The people we visit always get a kick out of seeing what Kona is wearing. It's a little something fun for us to talk about.


So right now he's got a bandanna for:



  1. Valentine's Day

  2. St. Patrick's Day

  3. Easter

  4. Patriotic (Memorial Day & 4th of July & Veteran's Day)

  5. Halloween

  6. Fall

  7. Thanksgiving

  8. Blue & White checkers -kind of a generic one.

  9. Winter -snow flakes

What else can you think of? I wanted to make him one for New Year's...but couldn't find any material that looked New Yearsy...I'm open for suggestions.

By the way, we've been on two therapy visits so far this week and will do one more tomorrow. All of our visits this week are taking place at the VA Hospital. On Mondays and Fridays we start out visiting the Spinal Cord Injury unit, and then make our way to other places in the hospital where large groups of people are congregated, such as the pharmacy waiting area, emergency waiting room, etc.

Our visit yesterday was to the hospice ward of the VA. Without going into too much detail, let me just say that it was a very heartwarming visit, and I'm glad I went. Kona was the perfect pup, and when I left, my heart was full of gratitude for my healthy family and friends. Remember to be thankful for what you have...

5 comments:

kks said...

yes, what a wonderful feeling one gets when putting a smile on a strangers face....what a wonderful gift you and Kona are giving these folks....and how it is as much for you as it is for them! you go girl..and guy!(kona) :)
xoxo

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I can only imagine the joy someone feels seeing Kona and you. What you are doing is so special and heartwarming. I have a picture of my mother from years ago before she passed away..she was in a nursing home with a broken hip, in a wheelchair and she was petting a therapy dog. I know that moment was very special to her because she was so depressed and that was the highlight of her day when they came around.

Chris H said...

What funky bandana's.
And yes, we all should be so thankful we are fit and healthy, and not be so grumpy (Me that is!) LOL

Valerie Cummings said...

What a wardrobe Kona has! And what a wonderful thing you do every week!!! You are very dedicated and its so neat!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani

NCmountainwoman said...

What? No birthday bandana?