Friday, February 19, 2010

A Special Stop

Today Kona and I made a special stop on our VA visit. After our regular rounds of visiting our friends in the Spinal Cord Injury unit, and other various parts of the hospital, we hoped onto the elevator went up to the third floor. We had the pleasure of stopping by and visiting with a special friend of mine, Bob.
Bob and I have been friends since the late 70's....yes folks, I am THAT old! Ha ha! Bob and I graduated from high school together in 1982, and have remained friends ever since. There were some long periods of time when we weren't in touch, but Bob is the kind of friend that is very easy to rekindle a friendship with. He is a fun loving, big hearted guy, with an infectious smile and a hearty laugh. Bob has been battling cancer for quite a while now, and his health has been a roller coaster ride for him and his family. It isn't easy, yet he manages to somehow have a smile on his face and a joke or two to tell each time I see him. And don't even get me started on how he loves to flirt with the nurses...that's a whole other story in itself!

It was great visiting with him today, and I am hoping that next time we visit with him it will be at home. Our fingers and paws are crossed that his health improves, and he can finally take me out on that date he's been promising me since high school. (Hubby would totally understand!) Do me a favor, and say a little prayer for him if you are so inclined, won't you?

4 comments:

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is a very special visit. I will say a big prayer for your friend Bob. I lost my husband years ago to cancer and I know what it's like to have someone you love battle it. I've said it before and I'm saying it again...you are very special to do what you are doing. Lots of love, Debbie and Hollydog (PS: I'm older than you!!!!) You are still young!!!

Chris H said...

I hope you and Bob get to go on that 'date' mate. He looks like a really lovely bloke.. his face and smile shine.

How Sam Sees It said...

We've said a very big prayer for Bob. Before even reading your post I looked at the picture and thought "look at those wonderful smiles!". Let us know how the date went!

Sam

Najia said...

Dear Bob, you have a very special friend in Sue. And you're ever the lucky one to be hanging out with Kona Man. My prayers and well wishes are with you!