Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4th's past

I occurred to me today that the last 2 February 4th's have been somewhat significant for me...February 4th, 2008 this is what I was doing....

I visited a place called "Absolute Tattoo" with G-Ma and Bear

We'd all decided to get matching pink ribbon tattoos....G-Ma went first. At 70 years old, she was trooper and gave the boys in the shop a good giggle.
Here is my outline...
And the fun starts!
It was a great bonding experience...
Here comes the color.
And the finished product!
Bear got into the act too.
It was pretty cool for 3 generations of women to get matching pink ribbon tattoos on the same day. I don't think those boys will ever forget us!
February 4th, 2009, was spent partly in the hospital with G-Ma...she fell in her garage and broke part of her shoulder. Not a fun day for her.... Can you tell she was thrilled to have me there with my camera? Not so much...
The other thing I did last Feb. 4th was have my first appointment with my weight management doctor, which actually was taking place as G-Ma fell and got hurt... Well, I had another doctor's appointment today, just with my regular doc. for my annual exam. As of today, I've lost exactly 52 lbs. in 52 weeks. Not shabby....a pound a week is all I ask. At this rate, by next January 6th, I should be at my goal of having lost 100lbs. Hmmm, I don't think I'll hold my breath on that, but I'll keep working on it. Actually, I think I'd be happy with another 30 lbs. or so...that's not asking too much, right? We'll see...until then, I will remind myself of when I looked like this... that's me on the right, and that's not even when I weighed my heaviest....yikes!
Well, I'm happy to say that the road ahead looks brighter, and lighter for me.
And in the words (or in this case, word) of my friend Chris from New Zealand....ONWARD!

4 comments:

Chris H said...

AWESOME, I GOT A MENTION ON YOUR BLOG! ONWARD indeed. I think it was totally cool of you three girls to get the same tattoo! And I am sure you can drop those last few pounds chick!

kks said...

the tats are beautiful...you are all so brave!
52 in 52, wow, wonderful, congrats Sue! you look wonderful!
xoxo

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

WOWOWOWWOWOOOOOO!!!!
What a great great day you had all together!!!!
You got a tattoo with your G-ma and your sweet baby!!!!
And what a wonderful tattoo!!!!
Awwwwwww sweety....your leg is soooooooooooo sexy tattooed!!!!!
;-))))))))))))))))
WE MISS YOU A LOT!!!!
HAve a wonderful weekend with all your special family!!!!!(Humans and dogs!!!!!
SMAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Valerie Cummings said...

Thats so awesome you all three did it together!!! And I am so proud of you!!! Hugs, Valerie