Monday, September 14, 2009

A-Z Mondays - "Q" is for Quiet Relection

In my hustle-bustle life, it seems I rarely have time for a little "quiet reflection." I am always on the move, with the kids, with the dogs, with one event or another...for example, this weekend started off Friday afternoon with a therapy visit to the VA Hospital, and a gathering with friends for a high school reunion "icebreaker" at a nearby pub. Saturday was filled with Halloween party preparation - set building and painting. Saturday night I attended a class of '79 - 30 year - multi class reunion. While I didn't graduate in '79, my brother did and decided not to attend. I went in his place, dragging a dear friend from the class of '80 along with me, and we had a great time. Sunday was spent at an all day Surf Dog Surf-a-thon competition with my Golden SurFUR team from my meetup group.

While all of this made for a fun filled weekend, there was little if any time to relax and have quiet time.

With that thought in mind, I present my "quiet reflection" photos...from our recent rafting trip on the American River...



Kona enjoying a little quiet time of his own.
If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, please stop by Jen's blog here.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Monday Sue!
Quiet times are valuable times! Hope you can catch a few now and then. Your rafting pictures are awesome and it looks like Kona got it right. :D

Ben said...

Those times for quiet and reflection are golden - and way too rare! Nice pictures!

Minerva said...

Lovely pictures! thanks for sharing that quiet moment.

Golden Samantha said...

Ahhhhhh - such lovely photos to bring peace to us here! Thanks for the beautiful pix, Sue!
Hugs xo
Sammie

NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, that last picture of Kona is priceless. Don't you wish we could read their minds?

Maxmom said...

Thanks for sharing your quiet time because we need a quiet time now. When all else fails...breathe :)
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA