Monday, September 28, 2009

A-Z Mondays - "O" is for Overwhelmed, among other things!

I know, I'm a bit late today, but hey, it's still Monday, so I figured I'm good. Right? Yeah, thanks...

Okie dokie...."O" is for OVERWHELMED, and that's putting it mildly! It's been a heck of a couple of days. We worked non-stop on party stuff this weekend, and got a bunch of stuff accomplished. I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, it will all come together in time. I have officially got 26 days to get it all together. Keep your fingers crossed!


"O" is also for OLD! That's how I felt this morning when Pickle, my youngest, took her driver's permit test and scored 100% - thank you very much! How can it be that she is already able to start driving? Wasn't it just a couple of months ago that I was bringing her home in her little Christmas stocking the nurses at the hospital make for all of the December babies? Wasn't it just last week when she was 3 years old and pole dancing in our old house, and I told myself, "Oh, this one's trouble!" Wasn't it just yesterday I was walking her into her kindergarten room for the first time? I swear, I don't know where the time goes, and it is seriously scary!

"O" is also for ORGANIZATION - of which I have none lately. My house is a disaster area, and I can probably count on it staying that way for about 4 more weeks! It always crazy this time of year, but seems even a little more so this year. My usually decent house has been turn upside down with sewing projects, shipments of Halloween stuff, painting supplies, and pretty much every thing else you can think of. Don't believe me? Here's the proof!

Somewhere underneath all of that stuff is my dining room table! (Yes, that's a plastic butt - don't ask!)
Boxes and bags of "stuff" in pre-party mode!
The side of my house....
Paint central!
What's left of my garage.

If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to swing by Jen's blog here.

9 comments:

Ben said...

I hear you on the "overwhelmed", and we're not planning any parties for 100+ or anything!

Chris H said...

Old... kids have a habit of growing up... I'M SO THANKFUL! But yes, it does mean we age too.
I am still in awe of everything you do for a party!!!

kks said...

you are one busy lady!!!
xo
can't wait to see the plastic butt in costume!

Golden Samantha said...

Whoa Sue - it sounds (and looks like) you are up to your elbows in party planning! I look forward to the party and would love to know what the butt's for!!!!!
xo Sammie and mom

Dawn said...

at least you made it for monday... here i am commenting on tuesday!
i hope that your overwhelming feelings pass... and you can just leap right into the fun!

Valerie Cummings said...

You forgot to take pictures of the side of my house and my garage!!! Ha ha@!!! They dont know you have stuff over here too!!! HUgs Joey and Kealani

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Val, you are so right! How bad is it that I have to ask my neighbor to let me keep some of the decorations at her house! YIKES! (Gonna be a kick butt party though!)

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Pole dancing at 3??? Did you switch kids or something because Pickle is just amazing, and certainly no pole dancer - ha!!!! Good for her on her permit - although not a surprise - such a bright young lady!

Anonymous said...

I see a cow the size of a schnauzer.