Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Schmootz

Wondering about the title of today's post? Ok, so I probably spelled it wrong, but you'll get where I'm going with it...
Today I've been incredibly busy. So many things to do, so little time. I've been home all day, but just busy, busy, busy.

The dogs, on the other hand have been bored. Seriously bored. Poor Kona was so bored and lazy he couldn't even manage go to his butt out the doggie door. Instead, he just layed there, aimlessly...head just peeking out, making sure he wasn't missing anything...
Earlier today I gave them a big bone that Harley's Dad had sent over. It was one of those jumbo rawhide bones with a knot on each end, and a "roasted" look to it. I gave Jack, Jill and Harley each a bully stick, and gave the rawhide to Kona. (Actually, they each kind of picked what they wanted....) He gnawed on it for a couple of minutes and then traded with Harley.


And then I noticed the schmootz. The dye or whatever they used on the rawhide was coming off as it got moist. It wasn't too bad on Harley, but once she'd had enough of it, Kona decided to finish it off.
Covered in schmootz...that's my boy. (Did I mention he had a bath yesterday?) What was I thinking?

7 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

Oh no! Yikes on the schmootz!
Mom bought one of those paw washer deals....for this type of occasion, and when I step in goop or poop or who knows what...just had the carpets cleaned, not long ago....
Bummer schmootz!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

kks said...

ha! i hate when that happens!
xo

Maxmom said...

Oh dear...we know that feeling well!
"After bathtime' becomes "Time to get dirty"!
ps We love that picture of Kona at the window.
Lots of licks
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Golden Daily Scoop said...

But that schmootz stuff is so yummy!!! Great pics!!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh yeah we have had those before!!! Why do they put that on there??? Kona is still gorgeous even with stained paws!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Anonymous said...

I don't get that kind for that very reason. The dogs sure like them though!

Golden Samantha said...

Uccchhhh! Good to know - won't get those in near future!
xo Sammie