Monday, September 21, 2009

A-Z Mondays - "P" is for Party Planning!

Over the course of the last few years, I've had a lot of my friends tell me I should be a professional party planner. I've gotten the reputation of throwing a heck of a party, thank you very much, especially Halloween parties. There are few things in life I enjoy more than throwing a huge party, and seeing everyone walk around in amazement at the decorations and detail that go into the transformation of my house. I like the idea of becoming a party planner, but I just don't think it'd be nearly as much fun to do for other people. That, along with the stress of everything coming together, would make it way too much work and not enough fun.

I am in total party planning mode right now, and have been for several months. In the past my house has been transformed into a Jungle of Death, a Vampire Lair, a Pirate Village, and Hollywood Theater, to name a few. This year for Halloween it will be an Old West Ghost Town.

We are well underway with the decorating, and every weekend between now and the end of October will be spent building, painting, and decorating nearly every square foot of the house, and back yard. It is a huge job to do, and I wouldn't be able to pull it off without the help of my dedicated "production crew" - my dear friends and neighbors, along with Hubby and the kids of course, that help with everything from early planning and ideas, to last minute details, setup, and eventually cleanup. I have some awesome friends, that's for sure!

A few pictures from past parties include:

part of the Vampire Lair...
The Pirate Ship over our pool....
The front yard for the Pirate party - our "Deadman's Wharf"
The stage for our "A-ca-DEAD-a-mee Awards" party.
Walking up the red carpet for the Hollywood party.
The beginning of our Ghost Town...
If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, please be sure to stop by Jen's blog!

12 comments:

Homer said...

Whoa! Excellent job! You should consider this as a part time thingy. Or perhaps a wedding planner? Hen night? How about doing something on a smaller scale??

We are impressed!

Love,
Homer

Dawn said...

wow!! my favorite is the pirate ship. that is really amazing. my mom is an a+ party planner, too... but she doesn't usually build for a party (unless you count the year she built a dance floor bridge for over their pool!) anyway, the ghost town looks great- can't wait to see it finished!

Jen said...

Happy Monday Sue!
Wow wow wow and some more Wow's!!!
I wish I was one of your neighbors! Have you ever considered calling HGTV? They often have a Halloween special and showcase peoples decorations.
You'd be on there for sure! wow.

Minerva said...

Man, you really do it up! I'm jealous. I sit a skeleton by my pond and give him a fishing pole and skeleton fish and call it decorating. You are impressive!

Chris H said...

I am in awe of the efforts you go to for Halloween! We don't do anything here!

Ben said...

Whoa! Someone should shoot a movie with a "set" like that!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Good P word. Sounds like you already are a party planner! Happy A-Z Monday!
Cassie (using my dog's blog)
www.inamazinggraceland.blogspot.com

Valerie Cummings said...

Hey howd that last one get in there???? Ha ha!! Cant wait!!! Hugs Valerie

Bogart said...

Wow. That is pretty sweet!

Life With Dogs said...

I'd hire you in a second. It looks like you have fun figured out in a major way. Something tells me your parties are a big hit!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDDDDDD Sue!!!
We don't know that you're a great great party planner!!!!
And I can't believe that I could participate at one of your famous party really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!
CAn't wait to be with you in october!!!!!
YEPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Gina said...

Nice- I love planning parties! I think Hollywoodmegastore.com has some great items and ideas too.