Monday, April 14, 2008

Vegas or bust? Yeah, kind of a bust...

I went to Las Vegas this past weekend on the premise of meeting up with some old high school friends. This had been in the planning stages since last August. That's 8 months...that's a long time...but apparently not long enough for people to plan on being there. There were supposed to be a lot of people showing up, at least 20 to 30 classmates with their spouses. Oh, there were a lot of people there, in Vegas that is...but only one other classmate... seriously, only one other classmate was able to plan ahead, make the commitment, and actually show up. After 8 months of knowing about this, no one else could make it? Wow!

Several of my classmates did let me know that they weren't able to make it because of legitimate reasons...and I appreciate that....a lot of them didn't...or when they did they had really lame excuses for not coming...(you've had 8 months to plan, and couldn't find anyone else to take your kid to practice, or music lessons, or...or...or....oh PLEASE!) Seriously, I'm kinda callin people out here. I'm torked, peeved, and downright angry at some of them. I'll remember that next time one of them needs a favor... I forgive people, but I never, ever forget. Ever.

Whew, that felt good to get out there. I'll leave it at that...at least for right now...until I get mad about it again. But I'll try not to post when I get mad. Can't guarantee it though, but I'll try.

Anyway, I did make the best of it while I was there, and as promised, I brought my little friend "Norm the Gnome" along with me for the trip. Here are a couple of pictures. Enjoy!


On the road, and thirsty.

View from his room at the Tropicana.

Elvis was able to join us, and he's supposed to be dead!

A little relaxing at Trader Vic's at Planet Hollywood

A little more relaxing...

Oh, things are starting to look blurry!

Wranggling a giant lizard in the Amazon...

or was that the Rain Forrest Cafe?
Lounging by the pool....
Norm needs a nap.

2 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

I swear, you kill me

Anniessa said...

Your gnome reminds me of the great Sock Scavenger Hunt
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2008_03.html

... you'll have to scroll down just a tad but it's there!