Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dogs? Surfing? You betcha!

If you read yesterday's blog, you'll remember that I mentioned something about taking our pups surfing. You probably thought I was nuts. You may be right. But, that doesn't change the fact that we did, indeed, take our dogs surfing yesterday. Hey, we are practicing for a dog surfing competition coming up in June. We are even on a team - the Golden Surfurs - and I am not kidding.

We are fortunate enough to live in one of the best climates in the world. Sunny San Diego, or Sandy Ego, as I like to refer to it, is absolutely one of the best places to be if you prefer a year round moderate climate. Generally our weather hovers in the mid 70's for the greater part of the year, and is sunny winter, spring, summer and fall...except yesterday. The day we have the great surfing adventure planned it was cold, cloudy, windy, yucky. Ocean temperature in the low 50's, which, in my book, is just above freezing. I swear I saw some ice chunks floating among the waves. Brrrr! Thank goodness I didn't have to actually go into the water all the way. My hubby and son braved the frigid water, along with some other members of our Golden Retriever group, while I stood idly by, keeping warm and taking pictures. Despite the cold, it was an awesome day. Don't believe me? Just check out the pictures!

Ready?

Set...

GO!

Sometimes it fun to just run around!

These pups are part of our group, and just a little too young to try surfing.

2 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Totally awesome surf pictures dude!

Unknown said...

Soon Joey will be out there "hangin 20" with the rest of them!