Thursday, April 10, 2008

Give me popcorn!

If I hadn't already mentioned in a previous note, I am a movie buff. Not necessarily one of those people that has to be at the opening midnight show of the next "Harry Potter" or "Star Wars" movies, by a movie buff, nonetheless. I like all sort of movies from adventure, action, cowboy shootum-ups, period pieces, drama, comedy, classic, horror, love stories, pretty much - you name it, and I'll sit with a tub of popcorn at watch it. With the exception of foreign films...it's not that I don't like them, it's that I can't stand the subtitles. Now, don't get me wrong, this girl can read with the best of them, but I always find the subtitles so distracting. I think I'd rather go to a film in a foreign language and watch it without the subtitles and just try to figure out what is going on. Once, my oldest daughter and I went to see a movie that was subtitled for hearing impaired patrons - which, by the way, I think is fantastic that theaters offer. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, since obviously I can listen and understand what was going on. I thought I could tune out the subtitles. I was wrong, and sat there mesmerized by the words flying across the screen. I couldn't NOT read them. It was an interesting experience...
...anyway....where was I? Ah, yes...I like movies. Not only do I like to go to movies, (one of the best parts being that I am a "stay at home" Mom, I can go to a showing at 10am on a Thursday morning when everyone else is at work and pretty much have the theater to myself) but, on occasion, I like to share my opinion on movies. Surprisingly, I'm a pretty harsh critic. I guess because I've seen so many movies, sometimes it takes a little bit to impress me. I have a couple of friends that always ask me what I thought of the movies I see (you know who you are) so I thought it'd be fun to do a little informal review here and there. Feel free to share your comments too, I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments: