Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Some really random stuff...

This morning I woke up and wanted to blog....needed to blog...to try and get the fuzziness out of my brain. Strange, strange dreams again last night, that included a recurring dream I have quite often. My teeth falling out, seriously...like, ALL of them. I've heard that in some cultures dreams about teeth falling out are suppose to signal a death in the family. I'm not sure I believe that...I have those dreams far too often for that to be real, at least for me. Anyway, they were strange dreams nonetheless. I also dreamt I was in a car, with an old friend, and we were chatting away, and suddenly, there was a cliff, and the car just seemed to fly off the cliff. Neither of us seemed to panic, and it was all very, very strange. It was one of those restless, uneasy nights of sleep, where you wake up almost as tired as when you went to sleep.

Speaking of when I went to sleep....or at least tried to sleep...do you ever have the feeling that your heart feels heavy? Seriously, like physically heavy? You feel that your shoulders are holding the weight of the world? You close your eyes, and begin to relax and your head is filled with random thoughts, worries, ideas, inspirations, plans? I do...ALL of the time.

I have several different friends going through very different times in their very different lives right now. Life altering, topsy turvy,things will never be the same kind of stuff. Heavy stuff. Not fun stuff. I worry about them all, how they will come out on the other side of this. If they will come out on the other side of this. My brain is overloaded with thoughts of them sometimes. Sorry that I can't change things for them, sorry I can't make things the way they used to be, sorry that I can't make things better. My heart hurts for them, and it weighs so heavy on me. Welcome to my world. I wish I could turn that off sometimes, but it's not easy too do. Malibu rum helps. That's not a sleep aid I would recommend very often, but it does help. Occasionally. I'll leave it at that.

On a lighter note, my youngest puppy Kona, enjoyed the company of his litter-mate Joey yesterday. Joey's Mom and I met at a dog park in the area, and let them romp and play and run together. I brought my two older Golden Retrievers too, Jack and Jill. They ran for hours and exhausted themselves. It was awesome. They are a great "gaggle of goldens," and bring so much joy to me.



One of these dogs is not like the others, one of these dogs just isn't the same...

1 comment:

Valerie Cummings said...

I love our gaggle! And I love father Jack!
Hey I have teeth dreams too!