Thursday, April 17, 2008

Faces













OK, so, you know how people collect things? Matchbooks, Antiques, Beer mugs, husbands, etc.? I've recently had the revelation that I collect something too, (other than just the dust bunnies under my couch) which, up until just a short while ago, I didn't even realize that I was collecting...Faces. Yes, you read that right....I collect faces. I thought I was being hip by collecting all of these cool little statuaries for my backyard, but when I recently went to my favorite store where I aquire some of these items, and I tried to explain to a nice young man (my way of saying a "newbie" that had no clue what I was asking for) what I was looking for, he commented, "Oh, so you collect faces?" "No," I preceeded to explain, "I collect statuaries that are, you know, on the mythical side, nice little gargoyles, elfs, fairies, etc." "Yeah," he said, "and they all have faces, right?" Smartie pants. Anyway, I got out of there that day without doing too much damage to my debit card, and came home and looked around my back yard. Faces everywhere...here are a couple of my favorites. Some of the best ones come from a company called Carruth Studios. Check them out online if you have the inkling.

1 comment:

Valerie Cummings said...

Well I have to say this may be my favorite post! What great shots!