Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Our Second Full Day-part 1

"Toto, we're not in Kansas any more...". No, wait, yes, we still are, at least for about 50 more miles! We just passed through Topeka, on our way to Kansas City, Kansas. We were originally planning on stopping in KC for the night, but it's still relatively early, so we will probably go on to Columbia Missouri instead.

We got another pretty early start today - leaving our hotel at 7:15am. We didn't get straight on the freeway though, instead we took a little stroll down memory lane for hubby, going by the house he spent his first 12 years in.



We also went by the park he used to play in, his elementary school, and several other places from his childhood. (I was also born in Aurora, in fact our families lived on the same street-at the same time, but didn't know each other.) I was only three months old when my family left the area though, so everything was new to me. Hubby reminisced and shared fun stories of his youth that we all thoroughly enjoyed.

Before long it was time to jump back on the I-70 East and head out of Colorado and into Kansas.






There hasn't been a whole lot to look at today...but we did see some spectacular cloud formations this morning on our way out of town.






I knew the Kansas was flat, but I never realized it was THIS flat!



I'm ready to click my heels three times and get outta this state!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad as we just got off the Kansas turnpike.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

How nice to visit your Hubby's old home. Safe travels.