Saturday, April 23, 2011

Busy, Busy

The days continue to fly by with a mere blink of an eye. I continued to struggle this week with the pain from my dry socket from my tooth extraction, but I am trying to be optimistic that it is slowly healing. It's been well over 3 weeks since all of this tooth/gum pain stuff started, and to say that I am frustrated and exhausted by it is putting it ever-so mildly. I had plenty to keep me busy this week though I must admit, I did decide to cancel a couple of my regular commitments. I just wasn't up for trying to be cheery when I felt like utter crap.

I did manage to feel good enough to spend ALL day Thursday cleaning the house - that sucked was so much fun. Thanks to vicodin and ibuprofen, I was able to get through that. The house was as clean as its been in a long time, and I did get a good bit of satisfaction from that.

I do find myself dwelling way too much on the fact that AJ will be going off to college in August, and each time my mind drifts off to those thoughts I find myself in tears. I keep telling myself that it's normal for Moms to feel this way, but I don't know if it's normal for Moms to find themselves in tears at least once a day for the last 24 days straight. Not that I'm keeping score, but I know that it was March 31st that it was decided (at least in my mind) that he'd be going to Purdue. It became "official" a week later, but the defining moment happened on the 31st and was "the" day for me. I'll talk about that moment another time soon - I've been thinking about it a lot.

I was able to get myself together to get to the VA for our regular visit on Friday, and I enjoyed it very much. I love this group of folks, and their dogs, and of course the people we visit with. They lift my spirits easily as much as we lift theirs. Last weekend we also got the chance to go on a nice little hike with some of our golden meetup group friends. We visited the Blue Sky Preserve and had a blast. The weather was perfect, the dogs finally got some great exercise and a change of scenery, and we stopped and had a fantastic breakfast afterwards.

The pups were pooped after our long walk...and tired pups = happy pups!

This is our friend Gracie. She is Kona's half sibling, and she has some of the same funny quirks that Kona has...she loves dirt, and she burps like a champ.

Jack - just before a sneeze. I don't know why I love this picture, but I do!

This was our breakfast "bunch" - it was so much fun!

Times like these - sore tooth and all, make all of my worries melt away, at least for a little while.

No comments: