Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cruise Day Four-Puerto Rico

This will be a short post as I am completely pooped from a long, very hot day in Puerto Rico. Suffice it to say though, that it was another great day! We opted to bypass the trollies and the taxis today, and walked the entire day. ( I brought my pedometer on our trip so I could see how many miles we walk - or don't walk- each day, and today was just under 8 miles!) mind you, that may not sound like much considering I am training for the 3 day, but, it was about 88F here today with about 90% humidity. I am NOT used to that, and 8 miles felt like a marathon! No wonder we are wiped out!

Tomorrow will be a day we've both been looking forward to for a long time. On several levels it has the promise to be a very special day. First, and foremost I will spend the day with my very best friend, confidant, and sole mate. My Hubby has been the best partner in life I could ever hope and he has given me a wonderful 20 years of marriage. I look forward to many, many more anniversaries to come.

We will start off the day doing one of our very favorite things in the world, snorkeling, and we will be in one of the most beautiful places in the world, St Thomas. We plan on spending the afternoon doing a little shopping, as I hear that St. Thomas is world renowned for it's jewelry stores. Not that I need anything of course, but a girl likes to look, doesn't she?

I've said enough for now (so much for a short post!) but before I share my favorite pictures from today's adventure, I wanted to be sure to wish my wonderful parents a very happy 53rd anniversary! (The only thing that has bothered me about our cruise is not being with you to celebrate.) I appreciate so much having you both to show me daily what true love is and being the excellent examples you've been as partners for life, and parents. I am lucky beyond measure, and I love you both more than words can say!

And now for just a few pictures...
El Morro Fort





Can you tell I was roasting?





Old town, Puerto Rico


Gorgeous scenery everywhere.


A view of our ship, on the right, and another ship in port, taken from another old fort, Cristobel.


Our view of the other ship ( from our balcony) as it left the port.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Chris H said...

That photo of the ship is awesome! You do indeed look HOT!!!! In a nice way. *smiles*

Chris H said...

OOO AND YOUR PARCEL JUST ARRIVED!

OMF... you soooo did not need to send me so much !!! BUT THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! I love love love everything you sent me.. I can't thank you enough. That MUG is a super size.. perfect for my MILO!
AND the sweater.. OMG I love it! Thank you, thank you Sue.
I am going to put Jack's photos in my lounge! He is such an adorable looking dog, and I'm sure his personality is lovely too.
I miss our goldie (Izzy) so much... but I did the best thing for her.

Sue F said...

I'm enjoying reliving our past cruise thru your posts and pictures. :)

Meeka said...

Happy Anniversary!
It's 10-20-10, nice combination of numbers.