Friday, October 8, 2010

The Green Lagoon

I bet you thought I was kidding about how bad the pool looked...right?

Well, let's see... Saturday for the fundraiser, the pool looked like this. It was not as crystal clear and blue as we would have liked it, but it still looked pretty good.

By yesterday, it was looking like this! YUCK! Major algae bloom. That is not good...
It was time to drain it....there comes a time when you can either decide to pour hundreds of dollars of chemicals into the water to try to clean it...or simply rent a pump, get rid of the old water, wash down the sides, etc., and refill the pool with fresh, clean water.
We were tired of going the chemical route....so we hired someone to come and give it an acid wash, and polish some of the rough areas around the steps. It already looks better.
When I thought about spending some time in the pool recently, this is not what I had in mind!
We are in the process of refilling it now...which will take around 24 hours. I'll show an update of how it looks tomorrow.
I hope you had a better day than I did!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I am sure the pool will really benefit from being drained and cleaned thoroughly. You look a real dag in an empty pool....lol.