Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cruise day three- a Grand day in Grand Turk

Monday, Oct 18th- We started off our day watching the sunrise from the Lido deck. (That sounds so "Love Boat", doesn't it?) It was simply breathtaking!






After a quick breakfast we were off the ship and headed towards our "Ultimate Snorkel Adventure" shore excursion. We met with our other fellow snorkelers and we were quickly on our way!












The snorkel excursion consisted of two different snorkel spots. At the first spot we saw mainly coral reefs.






The water was warm and clear...Hubby and I loved it! Even at 9am, it must have been at least 80F.





Ah, yes, a lovely self portrait- ha ha!





The coral was beautiful!





Our second snorkel spot was just minutes away, near a very small island. The water couldn't have been prettier!











Our captain told us about a "friendly" barracuda that liked to visit his boat, and not to worried about it. I'm glad he gave us the warning, because sure enough, just as the anchor was dropped, here it came. Lovingly nick-named "Chuck Norris", this thing didn't look any too friendly to me!





And it was no little fella either- probably about 4ft long! Sure enough it didn't bother any of us, and just hung around the boat the whole time. It certainly didn't keep us from enjoying ourselves!











We were also visited by several large sting rays. They didn't bother us either, and simply glided around the area with grace. I was able to get some video of one, but couldn't upload it from my iPad.





BlogPress is being fussy, I don't thin it likes when I post too many pictures...it keeps kicking me off, so I'll end the here for now.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Chris H said...

LOL at the underwater shot of ya face! You lucky buggers ... it looks so oooooo nice there!