Friday, September 10, 2010

Pooches at the Padres!

Not long ago the S.D. Padres held their annual "Bark at the Park" event, where 500 lucky dogs and their caretakers are allowed to attend a major league baseball game together. I set the event up as a Meetup for my Golden Group, and I'm happy to say that we had over 50 members and their pooches attend!

It was, as always, a very fun night for all of the fans, both 4 legged and 2 legged! (Even though the Padres couldn't eek out a win...)

All dressed up and ready to go!
The girls - pretty in pink! There was a nice sized crowd at the ballgame that night! AJ steps out onto the field. It was pretty cool to be on a major league ball field... ...especially with so many of our friends. Pickle took the picture, and the young man on the right is our friend Zach. Hey Jill, the ballgame is behind you! She was more interested in the photo-op than the game...I guess she's not a baseball fan.

Doesn't Hubby look thrilled? Ha! I cracked up when I saw this one. At least me and Harley look happy!
Kona says, "My bottle is empty, let's go home!"
A little family time is always great!
**And - by the way....the answer to the "Travel Fund Turtle" question was $880! But tonight I put another $20 - so as of right now I'm sitting on a nice, fat $900. Anyone have any suggestions of where to shop in St. Thomas? I heard they've got some great little shops....

2 comments:

kks said...

how fun was that?! love the silly pic of hubby....
i was pretty close on the turtle amount?! that's an awesome way to save some $...i'd have to get one that you have to break upon retrieval of the $, otherwise i would dip in....
xoxo

How Sam Sees It said...

What a great day! I always wish we could do this here - I'd love to see a ball game with the boys. As for St Thomas? I've never been there - I'm looking forward to lots of pictures!

Sam