Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flying the Coop and a couple of other things...

There comes a time in every parent's life when their children "fly the coop."

After nearly 24 years at home, it's time for Bear. This week she signed a one year lease on an apartment she will be sharing with a friend from work. Papers were signed Wednesday morning, and moving started Thursday.

Hubby and I spent the day helping her, and though it is not easy for us (physically-how'd all that STUFF fit in one small bedroom? or mentally - Isn't she still our little Sher-Bear? Isn't she way too young to be doing this? Wasn't it just yesterday we were teaching her to ride a bike and swim?) we are both proud of her, her decision, the choices she made, and her determination.

I think it will be a big adjustment for all of us, and I know it will take time to get used to. It will be a learning experience, and a great adventure for her, and I'm glad she's only 10 miles away. I could walk there if I needed to. Seriously...so you just watch it young lady, don't think I won't just show up any time, night or day to check on you...make sure your laundry is done, and your bed is made, and the dishwasher is emptied, and the bathroom has plenty of toilet paper, and..and...and...

Congratulations Bear, I miss you already and hope you are never too grown up to come home for dinner. I love you!

Signing the papers...

Her apartment is on the bottom left. They even get a garage!
Yay! A walk in closet - Lord knows she'll have that filled up in a heartbeat!
A nice little living room with a patio.
More of the living room.
She is a happy, happy young lady! The door on the right leads to the other master-bedroom and bathroom. They each have their own bathroom, walk-in closet and door to the patio. I have to say, it's a very cute little place!
Nice updated kitchen!
My first place was nothing like this!
I think she's going to like it here.

Now, just a few other things to share.

On a "timing"note... first of all I want to wish my brother a very happy 49th birthday! I hope you are having a heck of a good time at "Herb-a-palooza"...

Just two weeks from today we'll be hosting a Fundraiser Extravaganza at our house for our "60 Miles for our Melons" 3 Day walking team. If you are in the San Diego area and are interested in coming, and haven't yet recieved a personal invitation from me, send me your email address and I'll hook you up! You name it - we'll have it here! We are having a Poker Tournament, a "Minute to Win It" Tournament, TONS of awesome stuff to buy, including Tastefully Simple goodies, PartyLite Candles, Designer inspired purses, Silpada Jewelry, Specialty Baked Goods, etc. We'll have licensed professionals doing a hair-cut-athon, and eyebrow waxing. Well have a bunch of food - burgers, bratwurst, breasts (chicken that is), beer, soda, water, etc., and raffle prizes and games galore!

Four weeks from today Hubby and I leave on our 20th Anniversary Cruise! We'll cruise the Eastern Caribbean, and eat, snorkel, relax, and eat some more - all to our heart's delight.

Nine weeks from today I'll be walking day 2 of the 3 day. Am I ready? Heck no! Am I excited, you betcha! (I've already knocked out over 10 miles this morning!)

And last, but not least, 14 weeks from today is Christmas! Oh My!

5 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

We hope your daughter enjoys her new apartment, and invites you guys over for dinner soon!

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Wow - where did the time go, and when did that cute little girl across the street grow up??? You and hubby have been such awesome parents that Bear has no choice but to succeed. You've given her every tool a child could need, and it shoes as you look at how wonderful she has grown into womanhood. Congratulations to all of you - job well done. Oh, and take it from me, you're never too old for Mom's cooking!!!!

Chris H said...

Your daughter's apartment looks really lovely! I hope she's very happy there. And not too far from Mum and Dad, which is great.
I soooo did not need to know it's only 14 weeks to Christmas!

kks said...

what an awesome apartment! perfect for the girls...i can imagine how hard and rewarding at the same time to watch your beautiful daughter spread her wings.....
xoxo

Bobbi said...

What a nice apartment! It sure is a lot nice that what we started out with. Do you think she will have all us dog people over????