Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day- and I didn't!

I didn't labor, I didn't stress, I didn't work (too much), I didn't shop, I didn't walk, I didn't drive, I didn't clean, I didn't cook, I didn't worry.

I relaxed.

This morning I had a big cup of Chai Latte, and sat and read through the paper with Hubby. I can't remember the last time I did that.

Later in the morning I went through my closet and got rid of some cloths that were too big, and I gave them to a friend that could use them. That made me happy. Hubby did the same thing, and found $65 in the pocket of his tuxedo pants. Sweet! That made me happy too! That will add to our spending money for the upcoming cruise.

I ate -a burger, a half a bratwurst (sausage), some macaroni salad, corn on the cob, dip & chips, and a healthy slice of homemade sour-cream cake. All made by someone else. (Hubby and G-Ma.) That made me happy too.

I spent the afternoon playing cards with my Dad, who is feeling better than he has in years, my Mom, A.J., Pickle and Hubby. (Bear had to work all day.) We listened to some nice music, had some great conversation, and thoroughly enjoyed spending our time together.

It was a near perfect day, and it felt really, really good.

I need more days like today!

Jill enjoyed hanging around being lazy today too!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Good for you mate! I'm so glad you had a really lovely relaxing day. Jill looks so darn cute!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend, so nice and peaceful!
I love the picture of her and noodles - that is awesome. Mine would freak if I tried that!

Kari

Merrill said...

Jill is hanging out as if she to is doing nothing this day but chil.