Sunday, September 12, 2010

Even a Bunny Needs a Break Sometimes!



I've been called a lot of names by a lot of people. Some good, some not-so-good. I take them all in with a grain of salt.

Recently, I've had a couple of friends that have started to refer to me as the Energizer Bunny. It seems that with the training I'm doing for the 3 Day walk, the therapy visits I do with Kona, the Meetup Groups I organize, the Love on a Leash Chapter I just created, my job, and of course the normal everyday "stuff" that life is made up of, I have gotten a reputation of being like the bunny and "going and going." I'm up pretty early in the morning (usually no later than about 7am) and rarely get to bed before 11:30pm - in between it's go-go-go. Yup, it's a full life, and I love it.

But...sometimes it catches up with me. It did today - big time. After having worked Friday night, then walked over 13 miles yesterday, then going to work in the afternoon, and then coming home to start working on a big 3 Day fund raiser we are hosting, I was wiped out last night. I got up early again this morning for another long walk (over 9 miles) then came home and got cleaned up, and left to run some errands. About half way through what I was wanting to do, my batteries wore out. Simple as that, stick a fork in me, I was done. Sometimes even the Energizer Bunny's batteries wear out....

I told Hubby to forget about the last couple of places we were supposed to go - I needed a nap.

Seriously.

I very rarely find or make the time for a nap.

Today was the exception. We got home at 2:30pm, and I think I was asleep by 2:35pm. I was awake just long enough to feel Harley jump on the bed and join me. We slept solid and hard for an hour and a half.

It was heaven!


I need to take more naps. Lots more...
Does that make me old? If so, I'm ok with it.
(But now, since I had such a glorious nap, I am full of energy again, and the rest of the family is settling down, getting ready to get tucked in for the night. Oh well, I had to do what I had to do.
Here are a few pictures from our training walks this weekend. We walked a total of 24.25 miles in two days! We are making great progress in our 3 Day training!)


We saw this sign in front of a restaurant we stopped at to use the bathroom...I love the message!
Almost done....
This was a 9/11 memorial we saw taking place as we walked by Solana Beach.
Yay! 4 hours and 21 minutes and we've walked over 13 miles!
Some people (who shall remain nameless...) take regular naps!
This morning at the harbor it was nice and cool again. We are so thankful for the fog in the morning when we have these long walks to do. It makes it so pleasant and cool.

No comments: