Friday, September 24, 2010

Thinking Pink

It's starting to look pretty pink around here.Our big fundraiser is just a week away.

So far we are expecting around 70 people - give or take...a hundred or so! I seriously have no idea of the real number of people to expect. I'm hoping for a BUNCH!

I am excited, and getting nervous.

Do I buy 50 burgers, or 150?

Do I buy 2 cases of beer, or 20? I suppose if we start running short on anything we'll just go to the store and get more. Simple as that.

With that being said - here's what we've got lined up so far.


  • Tastefully Simple goodies and home made goodies
  • Silpada Jewelry
  • Longenberger Baskets
  • chair massages
  • $10 hair cuts
  • $10 eyebrow waxing
  • Heritage Makers Scrapbooking
  • Gold Buyer on hand to purchase old gold and pay you cash!
  • specialty cupcakes and other specialty baked goods
  • PartyLite Candles
  • designer inspired purses and handmade jewelry
  • handmade crochet hats
  • $1 Burgers, $1 Brats, $1 Beers, etc.
  • a "Minute to Win it" Tournament
  • A Texas Hold'em Tournament with a JUMBO Payout!

    Raffle items so far include:

    One $40 Callahan's gift card
    One Lunch for Two at the Shakespeare Pub & Grille
    One $50 Olive Garden gift card
    two gift cards for photo scanning, good for 250 photo scan each
    One $20 Chloe's Carousel gift certificate
    Two $25 each Islands gift cards
    a manicure gift certificate,
    a designer inspired purse
    a Tastefully Simple Gift Basket
    a Rodan and Fields Skin Care Gift Basket
    a Pink Leather 2011 Pink Ribbon Day Planner

We are well on the way to having a very cool, very successful event, but I'm thinking that this next week is going to be super-duper, crazy busy! Bear with me. It might be a bumpy ride!

PS - If you are in the San Diego area, and are interested in coming to our fundraiser, please send me an email or message me, and I can send you the actual flyer - unless of course your are a stalker, in which case I'll send you my neighbor's address and you can just send a donation. Believe me, you don't want to mess with my neighbor. If you are Brad Pitt, or Robert Downey, Jr. you do not need to wait until Oct. 2nd to come over, please message me at your convenience and I will make myself available. Anytime. Seriously. ANYTIME.

4 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

We hope it is a roaring success for you! We wish we could be there, but we will be keeping our paws crossed!

Sam

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a good cause and what a fun event! Wish we could be theere! :-)

Golden Samantha said...

Oh how we wish we could be there - it sounds like so much fun and a big WINNER!!!!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon and Ma

Chris H said...

I hope it goes really well. Did you get the cards yet? it was going to take between 4-10 days I was told. Please let me know when they arrrive!