Saturday, September 4, 2010

Stuck


My scale seems to be broken...at least that's what I keep telling myself. What other reason could there be that it doesn't seem to move down anymore. Urrrrr...frustrating! I've been walking and walking and walking until my feet are on fire and my legs ache, but nuthin.

I suppose the dang Mickey D's Frappes haven't been helping.

At all.

But seriously, I walked a total of 13.5 miles today. That was 29,682 steps...and 24,453 of those were aerobic steps! That's 211 minutes of aerobic walking, and still, I bet in the morning the dang scale doesn't move. I've been stuck at a 65lb. loss for months now! I'll go up a pound here and there, and then drop back down...even dropping down and extra pound or two, but it always levels out...back at the 65lb. mark. 70lbs would be nice, 75lbs would be even nicer! My goal when I started back in Feb. of 2009 was 100. And here I am, over a year and a half later, still stuck at 65lb.

Piece of crap scale.

6 comments:

donna said...

It just means your body is at a weight that it likes to be at. About the only way to drop below that is to do some strength training and add lean muscle mass. That way you'll be burning off even more calories.

Try doing some squats and working with some light weights along with all the walking, maybe?

kks said...

it's gotta be the scale! :)
maybe try some weights?
don't be discouraged, you have come a long way and are doing great..keep on keepin on!!
xoxo

Unknown said...

I think that some times scales lie because they want you to become discouraged and give up;) You've come so far and shown true determination and grit girl. Try to not measure your sucess by what the lying cheating scale says:)

Jan said...

You're building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Don't be concerned about what the scale says. It is no indication of your fitness or muscle tone.

taria said...

clearly, you need a friendlier scale!
Someone suggested going low or no gluten to get over those weight loss
scale freezes. Haven't tried it but might help? You are doing really great. Don't give up.

Chris H said...

I don't know if I have said this before, but you need to change something so you can get your metabolism kicked in again. Your body is so used to what you are doing it's kinda gone into hibernation.
Change the exercise. change your eating plan... what you eat, when you eat it, mix it up!