Monday, June 21, 2010

A-Z Mondays - the Foodie Version, "V" is for Very...

Very late, and very good. Ok, so sue me. I couldn't come up with anything fantastic to write about for "V" and frankly, I felt like cheating and telling you about the VERY awesome dinner we had this past Saturday in honor of my Mom's birthday and Father's Day. It was a perfect evening, other than we were missing Pickle. She's been fighting a horrible head cold, and didn't feel well enough to join us.


We went to our all-time favorite restaurant, Morton's. Morton's specializes in steak, and my, oh my, what a job they do.


Here are all of the very delicious menu items we gorged ourselves on.


We started with a loaf of freshly baked onion something or other bread.
I had a crab cake to start...
Hubby had some jumbo stuffed shrimp. (Jumbo-shrimp, I love a good oxi-moron!)
Next came the house special salad-full of fresh bacon bits, heart of palm, tomatoes, artichokes, etc. and topped off with a house special bleu cheese dressing. I don't even like bleu cheese dressing, but I LOVE Morton's bleu cheese!
The girls - taking a break from the feast for a minute.
The birthday girl with the best waiter ever! We love Rudy-he always takes the very best care of us!
Mom and Pops!
Pops and A.J.
Rudy listening to one of Pops' stories...(no, AJ is not praying for it to be over, ha ha! He was closing his eyes to the flash.)
Hubby and Bear
Ah, the perfectly cooked fillet
and some of the side dishes - garlic green beans, grilled asparagus, hash browned potatoes, and creamed spinach
Oh, it just doesn't get much better than this.
Rudy sent the Maitre'D over to offer us some after dinner drinks.
Yum! Have you ever tried Sambuca and Bailey's over ice? Give it a try, you'll thank me. Seriously.
Last, but not least, came a little birthday celebration.

Freshly baked chocolate lava cake.
with the melty chocolate oozing out of it. YUM! VERY good indeed!
It was an absolutely vantastic dinner!
If you'd like to see what other bloggers are drooling over for A-Z Mondays, please be sure to stop by Jen's blog here.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

YUM...YUM... AND more YUM!
Lovely photos of your family Sue.. and you .. well you look GORGEOUS!

kks said...

omg Sue....it looks absolutely wonderful!! what great family pics, you all look beautiful and happy!!
xoxo

How Sam Sees It said...

Now I am hungry for steak - and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

Sam

Ben said...

You certainly showed off one heck of a very fine dinner. I don't believe it does get much better than THAT!