Tuesday, June 8, 2010

3 Down....

...and countless miles to go!

Today was the official kick off for my 3 Day training. It was an easy day. Just 3 miles. Not too tough, and the weather was perfect. We waited until this evening to walk, and the cool breeze made it very comfortable. Bear and Hubby both walked with me, and all 4 dogs came along as well.

It was a wonderful way to spend an hour!

And now the pups are pooped! Yay! We love pooped pups!
Tomorrow is a "rest" day, and Thursday is another 3 mile day. Friday I am supposed to do some light cross training for 30 minutes (I haven't figured out what I'm going to do yet), and then Saturday and Sunday are each supposed to be 3 miles as well. By the end of the first week of training I'll have put 12 miles on my new shoes. Not a bad way to break them in!

Hopefully the walking will help kick my weight loss back into gear too...I've been hovering right around having lost 60-63 lbs. for the longest time!

I'll be keeping track of my total training miles on my side bar, and I will be brutally honest with how much I walk. Feel free to follow along, and keep in mind I am still in need of donations to reach my minimum needed to be able to participate in the walk. (Nothing like a shameless plea for donations!)

3 comments:

kks said...

Awesome! Love the sneakers......I think you will find that amping up your training will get you off that weightloss plateau! Remember, you are capable of physical activity that you never imagined you could accomplish! You will be good and ready for your walk!
Looking forward to your progress!
You go girl! And don't forget to stretch after your exercise, and an Epsom salt soak does a body wonders! (I take one after every workout and massage)
xoxo

Golden Samantha said...

Ohhhhh... good for you, good for everyone - and doggehs too!!! I'm just so proud of you - must contact you to try to help in some little way - I so totally believe in what you are doing that it would be stupid not to support you in your walk!!! kks has great advice! Give the pups hugs all around!
Hugs xoxo
Sammie and Avalon

Maxmom said...

Hey there Sue
Long time no speak...
It was nice to read up a little on your blog happenings. Good luck with your walking endeavour and also with the weight loss. (and lots of cuddle to the Goldens too!)
Sending greetings from South Africa.
MAXMOM AND THE GANG