Saturday, June 19, 2010

Styx

Last week the San Diego County Fair (aka the Del Mar Fair to us "oldies") opened here in town. They always offer a wide variety of free concerts- everything to fun oldies like K.C. and the Sunshine Band to new and up and coming bands that I've never heard of before! In the past we've see some great shows there, among them Tower of Power, Weird Al (He really does put on a great show) and my personal favorite from long ago, John Denver....oh, how I loved John Denver....anyway....this past Wednesday, they featured Dennis DeYoung and the music of Styx.

Talk about bringing back some great memories of the late 70's and early 80's! Mr. DeYoung is now the sweet age of 63 and sounds every bit as good as he did 30 years ago. His voice was fantastic, and although my little camera didn't pick up the sound (or picture) very good, take my word for it, it was a great concert!

Sorry for only being able to offer little snippets of songs. I didn't realize that my battery was running low, and I was afraid to record a whole song all the way through. Just like the fair, I wanted to offer you a little variety!

Enjoy these little pieces of Styx - I guess you could almost call them twigs! (Oh, I almost cracked myself up!)




OH! And one big BY THE WAY! Today is G-Ma's Birthday! We are taking her out for a fancy-schmancy dinner, with the whole family to Morton's - our most favorite steak house ever. Pictures tomorrow! I am cheating- and killing two three proverbial birds with one stone. I am taking out Mom, and Hubby and my Pops, all for a very nice dinner in honor of Mom's birthday and Father's Day tomorrow. Hey, I'm on a limited budget, what's a girl to do? (And Morton's isn't exactly Taco Bell...not that there is anything wrong with Taco Bell...but Morton's is probably going to set me back about $500 for a dinner for 7- ouch!)

Happy early Father's Day to all of you Poppas out there!

6 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

Ouch is right! Hope all have a great dinner, and that G-ma has a wonderful birthday!

Sam

Chris H said...

Eddd Gads! $500 for dinner! Wow I hope you get a really amazing meal for that much money.

Valerie Cummings said...

Happy Brithday to Gma and Happy fathers day to Gpa! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Unknown said...

Expensive? Yes.

Worth every penny? You bet!

Pictures tomorrow!

kks said...

i loved Styx! had a friend that was a roadie for them...way back!!
xoxo

Kim and Shar said...

Ahhh - I loved Styx! Thanks for the little Twigs (very cute, by the way. What I loved even more than Styx, though, was Shar and I going with you and Hubby to the Del Mar Fair - I really miss that. Miss you guys. Any houses for sale on the street??? :)

Love you all!