Wednesday, June 30, 2010

(Not Quite) Wordless Wednesday

It was a bit chilly yesterday, but that didn't bother the pups. The pool water was still 78F, which is certainly warmer than the ocean water, and they don't mind that, so, I figured a little swim with some friends would be good exercise, and an easy way for me to wear them out, without a lot of effort on my part.

I'm fighting a rotten head cold, and I'm not up for doing much. Yesterday my family abandon me planned a fun day without me to Magic Mountain. It really didn't bother me at all, and I was able to do some catch up work on the computer, among other things. But the dogs certainly missed their exercise time and long walk that I simply didn't have the energy to give them. So into the pool they went! It worked splendidly if I do say so myself! They spent about 45 minutes frolicking, and the rest of the afternoon snoozing. It was just what the doctor ordered!
The red ball is always the favorite toy!
Kona and his little sister Kealani. She lives across the street, with his brother Joey, from his same litter.
It's a Kona sandwich!
Joey and Kona being typical brothers and showing off their teeth.
"Mine are bigger!" "No! Mine are bigger!!"
"Boys! What are you doing?"
"Who? Us? Nothing...nothing at all...." (Don't Harley and Jill look like little tattle-tails sitting there watching?)
Kona and Jill looking a bit water-logged.
Kona finds a comfy spot.

6 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh what a great way to start my day!!! These are great shots!!!! Thank you for having us over! Hugs Joey and Kealani

How Sam Sees It said...

They look like polar bears!

Sam

Chris H said...

I'm glad I can't smell them! Wet dogs smell! WEll... mine do!

Homer said...

We love the photos! You guys are gorgeous!

Tell your mum that we got her message and will get back to her ASAP!

Love,
Homer

kks said...

stunning photos!! i love how the dogs just hang out on the step!! my dogs are very jealous that they don't have a pool!!!
perfect play time for the dogs!!
xoxo

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

What a great day!
Feel better soon.