Monday, June 7, 2010

A-Z Mondays - The Foodie Version, "T" is for Tio Leo's Tacos!

Ah, Tio Leo's, my favorite Mexican food place.

Tio Leo's had been around Mira Mesa, my little corner of San Diego, for nearly as long as I have. They moved out about 2 years ago, but there are still a few of these places around town.

They have the BEST, in my humble opinion, shredded beef tacos in town. Plenty of meat, very flavorful, but not too spicy. The meat is accompanied by just the right amount of salsa, lettuce, tomato, and cheese. All put together neatly in a handmade, perfectly deep-fried shell. Ooh-la-la!

Yum, the tummy is growling just thinking about it.

I, personally like my taco's served with a cheese enchilada, and a side of rice and beans. And of course, don't forget the free chips and salsa. This delightful little diddy is also known as a "special #1." My favorite. Not that I go there a lot...or am familiar with the menu or anything...but if you are ever in the mood for two tacos instead of an enchilada you'd ask for a #2, but if you'd like 2 enchiladas instead of a taco that would be a #3...and if you like......

If you'd like to see what other bloggers are drooling over for A-Z Mondays, be sure to check out Jen's blog here!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Ahhhh yes, Tio Leo's! I am so hungry right now all of these posts are driving me crazy. I'll go home & get a glass of water. yum.
Happy A -Z to you!!

Minerva said...

Yum..Now I want Mexican! That looks like the perfect place to get it, too.
Hope you had a good Monday.

Ben said...

I love a good taco - or two, or three... Sounds great!