Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Walk and some Stats

Hubby and I, along with our gaggle of Goldens, started off the day with a nice long walk around the lake. We didn't get the early morning start we'd hoped for, and got a bit warm, but we all made it around the whole lake just fine.

On the home stretch
Only a 1/2 mile more to go!
Pooped after 5 miles!
I brought my pedometer along with me and thought it would be fun to share some statistics with you.
It was a total of 11509 steps,
and of those 11509 steps, 10571 were aerobic steps...meaning my heart was pumping nice and hard. It took me one minute shy of an hour and a half to walk 5 miles.
During that 89 minutes I burned 511 calories, the equivalent of 31.4 grams of fat.
And then I went to McDonalds and had a Frappe. But only a medium.
The end.
(I hope you had a great weekend.)

4 comments:

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! That's GREAT! We don't use a pedometer when we go for a walk or run but we know we also go around 5 miles based on the park signs. Mmmm are you serious going to McDonalds? Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Cassie said...

Good for you! You deserved that frappe. What did the pooches get?? hehe.

Golden Samantha said...

Woowee for YOU!!! Wowzers - that's an impressive time, Sue - good for you, hubby and the gaggle! Looks like a pretty spot to take a long walk - it was very hot here yesterday and feels like more of the same today - ugh! Stay cool!
xoxoxo
Sammie and Ma

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is very impressive!! That sure is lots of steps! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly