Thursday, June 17, 2010

Workin' Boy

Kona was on the job today and loving every second of it! (And no, I'm not trying to look snooty with my hand on my hip, I'm trying to not have my arm look fat!)
Kona makes a new friend.

A favorite of ours.

Hubby got to join us today. He was proud of his boy!

These two have a special relationship.

I think it's love...

This sweetie is always full of smiles!

Our once a month visit to this Senior living facility is one of our favorite visits we do. The residents are always happy to see us and spend a few minutes chatting. We found out today that one of the women we've been visiting with for the past few months passed away last week. We are sad to learn of her passing, but thankful for the time we were able to spend with her.

Rest in peace Mrs. L.

7 comments:

kks said...

what a lovely post....you look great! how's the walking going?
xoxo

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

How awesomely cool! Good for you, Kona. Who could not love you, precious boy!!

Ps: Glad dad got to join you - lookin' good!

How Sam Sees It said...

Thanks for sharing! If I remember right you had an older gentleman that you liked to visit - how is he doing?

Sam

Golden Samantha said...

Tough job for the peeps; beautiful work for the pups. Oh my goodness - how moving. Just got a lovely email msg. from Ashley and Moose - they are hoping that Marin has doggie things to do and... there are no friendlier doggie areas off and onleash than Marin. So excited. And I know you had a big hand in this - thanks, Sue!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Miche

Chris H said...

That photo of Kona and the old man is just BEAUTIFUL.

Unknown said...

Sam- our very favorite friend "Mr. W" from the Veteran's Administration Hospital hospice passed away the day after Memorial Day. The next time we visited the hospice after that Kona went right to his room, and sat in the doorway and just looked at the empty bed. He looked, sniffed, hung his head, looked at me, looked back at the bed, and walked back into the hallway. It just about killed me. He knew.

How Sam Sees It said...

Oh, Sue! I'm so sorry! I'm sure that you and Kona were a big comfort and joy to him.

Sam