Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 - My Year in Review - Part 2

...and now here's a little catch-up from the rest of my year.

July - 4th of July was fun and enjoyable. Hubby has a birthday, and our friends launch a new doggie treat business. "Dugan's Barkery" comes to life, and we are honored that our pups are featured with new products being named after them. Jack, Kona, and Jill have treats named after them - how cool is that!
August - We attend a neighborhood reunion, enjoy the "Dog Days of Summer" at Petco Park with our Golden group to watch a Padre game, and we have the time of our lives White Water Rafting in central California. The kids head back to school, and thing are quiet around the house again. What a month!

Truly the adventure of a lifetime - with the best guide EVER!
Pickle is a Sophomore, AJ is a Junior - where did the time go??
September - I am shocked by the death of my high school friend Mark, who was killed by a wreckless driver. The weather is consistently gorgeous and we appreciate some quite time and beautiful sunsets. Pickle goes on a Police Ride-along with an officer friend of ours, and Jill participates in another surf competition. By the end of Sept. I've lost 23lbs., and I'm on a roll!

Pickle is a tough cookie and is thinking seriously about a career in law enforcement.

October - Other than enjoying the annual Blue Angels Air Show, our month is consumed with all things Halloween. We also have the pleasure of meeting some wonderful new friends we met through the blogging world - Simona and Marco - visit all the way from Italy!
Our own little "pup-kin" patch.
The "Madame" of the house, and Chief "Fulla-Bull"

Sweet Simona and Marco - we miss them so much!
November - with the craziness of the Halloween party behind us, things settle down a wee bit. Bear turns 23 and AJ turns 17, both within the first week of the month. Pickle has her turn to have her wisdom teeth removed, and we are happy that it goes smoothly. Pops winds up back in the hospital again, but he is able to come home by Thanksgiving, and we are thankful this year beyond words. Joey and Kona celebrate their second birthday together, and Jack turns 6!

G-Pa's personal therapy visit.
Very thankful on Thanksgiving.
What a cool cake Auntie Val got for the boys!
December - Another crazy, busy month. Our Golden group participates in the Escondido Christmas parade for the second year in a row, and for the second year in a row, we place first in our division! We also walk in the La Jolla Christmas parade and have a grand time! Pickle and I both celebrate our birthdays, mine on the 14th, hers on the 16th. Jill turns 5 on the 19th, but instead of being able to celebrate, I spend all day in the hospital feeling rotten. Thankfully that didn't last long, and I am up and about quickly. The last week is crazy fun with 3 extra Goldens in the house. We enjoy a wonderful Christmas, surrounded by our family, both 2 legged and 4. We usher in the New Year quietly with friends, sharing some great food, fun card games, and the hope for a better year to come. I finish off the year just about 40 lbs. lighter than when I started it. Yahoo! If I could do that again this year, I'll be just about where I want to be! Wish me luck, Lord knows I'll need it.
At my favorite restaurant with my favorite waiter, Rudy. I love this man, and his meat! Ha ha!
My baby turns 16! I feel very old.
A full house.
These were just some of the highlights and lowlights of my year. There were so, so many other things that went on, that I just couldn't or wouldn't relive. All in all, suffice it to say that I'm happy that 2009 is behind me!

4 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

A full house, it seems, all the time - and - a full life!!! You are blessed with wonderful peeps and dogs who surround you with love and you (and Kona I know) share that love right back with those who need it so badly. What a year - thanks for sharing it with us! And WE were so blessed to meet you too - hopefully, we'll meet again furry soon!
Hugs from Sammie and all of us here xo!

Najia said...

I love your year recap! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I think the world of you and your family and pups. You are all so very special. Thank you again for taking care of my Milo, Laverne & Shirley over the Christmas holidays. I think they miss your house...it is WAY too quiet now for them!!! Ha ha ha!!!

German this weekend, maybe Sunday? Also, what is your schedule like for Sunday the 17th? Football and lunch/dinner at our house? Let me know! :-)

Chris H said...

Loved your recap.. and seeing some of those photos again.

Maxmom said...

Hey there, Sue
It was lovely to be able to share some of your year with you! You are such a busy lady with a life so full and fun. You are an inspiration to us all(Not to mention the doggies!)
That picture (some time ago) of you in the hospital bed has given my Mom great inspiration...you seem to tackle everything with such positivity....it's quite amazing!!! So you see - this cyber-thing is so good in that it inspires others in ways you'd never dream of.

All our best wishes for 2010. We hope it will be a happy, successful, fun-filled year.
LotsalicKS
MAXDOG AND FAMILY IN SOUTH AFRICA