Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Menagerie of Minutiae

In other words...a random collection of a bunch of stuff that's been going on...

We snuck in a quick visit to Fiesta Island last Sunday, just before the rain hit. Jack played ball...All of the dogs enjoyed a good run in the wide open space... And everyone was having a great time, until Jill and Kona decided to take a swim without permission...Hubby was NOT happy.
Wet dirty dogs...with no towels to clean them up before getting them into the car.
They know they are in trouble.
Harley and Jack had a great time, and (thankfully) listened well when we told them NOT to swim!
We saw the moon high, and gorgeous in the sky that night...
< Kona and I have been going on lots of therapy visits in the last few weeks. Here he is with his buddies Caleb, Shad, and Happy.
I hit a milestone this week, and have now officially lost 5o lbs! Only 50 more to go...(ok, maybe thirty... or 25-ish...)
Kona and I visited the VA hospice again this week...it was a nice visit, and we were able to bring one gentleman from tears to smiles in just a few minutes. Kona is an angel, and I am honored to be his partner in these visits.
We've had rain...lots and LOTS of rain. (Notice the car in the huge puddle!) I really like rain...

...but not this much, this fast!

I had a mammogram today...oh joy! One of life's little pleasures...(not)...gotta do whatcha gotta do, right girls! I also saw a movie called "A Single Man" today with a friend. It stars Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Matthew Goode, and Nicholas Hoult. Nicholas Hoult was the little boy who starred with Hugh Grant in "About a Boy" in 2002. I loved that movie, and Nicholas Hoult in it. This was a different kind of role, to say the least. Let's just say that little Nicholas has grown up, my oh my. It was a good movie - different, terribly sad, artistically interesting and not at all what I expected. The story is about a gay couple, one of whom dies at the very beginning of the movie, and how the other partner copes, or doesn't. It is NOT the feel-good movie of the year, but very, very well done. And did I mention Nicholas Hoult? Yeah, I thought so...

Let's see...what else...oh yeah, I am starting a part time job....a rep. for a new company here in town. More on that another time.

Tomorrow I have about 600 things to do, so I'm really looking forward to that....and I'm hoping we have a break from the rain soon. I had to postpone a Golden meetup that we had scheduled for Saturday. We had over 70 members RSVP'd for a hike in a local canyon....um, yeah, that's not going to happen with this rain. The ranger actually called me to tell me they closed the canyon to the public, but they would allow our group in if we were really set on going. Thanks for that, but I think we'll pass. 70 wet, muddy dogs? No thanks!

4 comments:

Najia said...

CONGRATULATION! 50 is DEFINITELY a milestone. No other way to celebrate than with some German food!!! Can't wait my dear friend. We'll have to touch base about what time on Sunday.

Kona is a sweet angel, isn't he? And it IS an honor that these sweet gifts from God love us as they do.

Hugs to you Sue! XOXO

How Sam Sees It said...

Congratulations on reaching your milestone! Thank you for the heads up on the movie - we are always looking for something else to watch. The dogs all look so happy - how wonderful that they could run in such a wide area!

Sam

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh that look on Robs face is classic!!!! That looked like fun and I wish we were there but Joey is the same way. No matter how I tell him no swimming he is in there anyway! Congratulations on 50 lbs girl! You are even looking younger and younger everyday! HUgs JOey and Kealani

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Congratulations on your milestone!! I had to laugh about Jill and Kona taking a swim without permission. Hubby didn't look happy but the doggies sure did!! It looks like it's raining there like it has been here only we are getting snow, sleet, hard rain and very cold weather. I would LOVE to hold Kona! I would love to hold all of your doggies! Thanks for the info on the movie!! Give all of the doggies kisses from me! Debbie and Hollydog