Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Moments of Reflection

Today I have been thinking of both happy, and sad events that have occurred for our family on January 27th's of years past.

Seven years ago today, my father-in-law passed away. Although he and I never had the best of relationships, (I wasn't the Barbie Doll he thought his son deserved) we were amicable, and managed to get along the majority of the time. He was good to my children, and they loved their "Grandpa Bob." When I think of him now, I can't help but remember him on the day this picture was taken. It was the day AJ was born, and I don't think I ever saw him happier than he was on this day. It is a precious memory that I will never let slip too far from my mind.

Another important January 27th for us occurred two years ago. That's the day we picked up this little fellow. Who would have ever thought this little white bundle of fluff would bring so much happiness and fulfillment to our lives. Happy Anniversary of being our boy Kona, and many, many more.

5 comments:

kks said...

happy anniversary to you and Kona...what a darling puppy he was!!!
xoxo

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

He was SOOO little! Happy Anniversary baby boy!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Some sad memories and happy ones too. Happy anniversary to you and Kona....what a doll he is!!

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh Happy Anniversary!!! How great life has been! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Cassie said...

Happy (belated) Gotcha Day to Kona! Feb 1st is Baby Rocket Dog's birthday & I to am glad that we became her Mommy & Daddy!
x-c