Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 - My Year in Review - Part 1

So much has happened over the past year, I thought it would be interesting to go back and revisit each month. I've posted some of the highlights, and low lights of my year...month by month.

Here goes:

January - Bear and I visit the San Diego Zoo and Animal Park. I get some of my favorite animal shots ever...



I also attend an evening photo shoot at Balboa Park. I learn lots about my camera, and find that I have TONS more to learn.
February - This month gets off on a rough start. My Mom falls and breaks her arm. No fun! We do manage to have some fun later in the month as I go on a weekend cruise with Norm and my friend Lisa. It's a time to cut loose, and relax... The weather is nice for most of the month, and the dogs have fun at Fiesta Island, among other places. February also marks the time when I start my attempt to loose some weight. I'm tired of being fat. I've got a long, long way to go until I am at my goal. I've got to start somewhere though.
March - Pops turns 80 on the 4th. We enjoy a nice family dinner together. AJ gets his wisdom teeth out. He's a great sport, and a total hoot when he is on the laughing gas. This kid should be a comedian! The weather begins to warm up, and the pups have blast in the pool.


April - another visit to the zoo, to see Frankie, the newborn baby lowland gorilla. April also brings Easter and my nephew Harrison to San Diego for a visit. We enjoy brunch together, and some sight seeing. The dogs also enjoy the Easter festivities - ha ha!



May - Early in the month Pops winds up in the hospital. After a couple of nerve wracking days, the doctors decide a pace maker is needed. Surgery goes well, and we are all relieved. May is a busy month for the dog group. We participate in a Memorial Day Parade, and also go on a cruise on San Diego Bay in honor of "Pet Day on the Bay." After the Memorial Day parade we find out that Harley will need to come to stay with us for a while. We go and pick her up, and welcome her back into our family. I'm sticking with the diet, and have lost 10 lbs. since February. Slow but sure.


June - more warm weather and fun. My Mom celebrates her 71st birthday. Her arm is fully healed and she is feeling good. We are busy with outdoor fun. Hubby and AJ take the dogs kayaking with the group, and Jill participates in a surf competition that gains national attention. Hubby and Jill appear on the NBC Nightly news for just a blip, but it's exciting nonetheless.

Stay tuned for July - December coming soon!

7 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Hi Sue! Super post hearing all about the 1st six months (yes... up and down)of 2009, most of which I knew nothing about. Those Jan. pix of zoo are amazing - gorgeous!!! Look forward to 2nd half of year! Happy New Year!
Hugs xo'
Sammie

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Interesting!!! I can't keep up with what I did yesterday usually! I love all of your pictures!!!! Happy New Year!!!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sue....
such a wonderful memories....
your life is soooo exciting and very very busy!!!!!
;-)))))))))
We're happy to taken part of it for a little time....
You and your family and your furry babies are sooooo precious!!!!!
Happy happy New Year sweety!!!!
WE LOVE YOU A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope your 2010 could be GREAT for all of you!!!!!!!!
WE MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
Sweet kisses and licks

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Your pictures are absolutely spectacular!!!

Happy New Year to YOU!!!

Valerie Cummings said...

Love the pics!! That baby gorilla is priceless!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani

How Sam Sees It said...

Wow! The first six months of the year were busy for you! Love all the pictures of dogs and family!

We hope 2010 will be wonderful for you! Happy New Year!

Sam and Cisco

Chris H said...

What a nice flash back!