Saturday, January 30, 2010

What a Week!

You may have noticed that I've been a little lame with my posts lately. Well, to say there has been a lot going on around the home front for me would be putting it way too mildly! Suffice to say, that I've been busy, and pretty distracted. All is pretty well though, you know, other than some really crappy things going on...but I will attempt to get back to some more regular posts soon.
Just to fill you in a bit...We've been dealing with a munched car, thanks to AJ, a very wet road, and a lot of traffic....Oh, our poor little Smart car! It got the raw end of the deal in a fender bender, and has been in the shop since Monday. Of course it could have been a lot worse, and we are very thankful that no one was injured. There is never a good time for something like this to happen, but sometimes it seems as though they come at the very worst possible time. Thank God for insurance...

Tuesday and Wednesday my folks spent the day with us as their house was getting tented for termites. I could tell the minute that my Dad came in that he wasn't feeling well. He was dizzy, no energy, no appetite, etc. No good. He sat and snuggled a bit with Harley, but he was not himself at all. He had a doctor's appointment yesterday (finally) and they immediately admitted him to the hospital. They are running tests to see what is going on, and hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

On a couple of lighter notes, I've kind of hit a plateau with my weight loss (I've been hovering right around 50 - 51lbs for a week), so I am going to try to kick my exercising up a notch. We've got for a couple of nice long walks this week, up at nearby Lake Miramar - where I've done so much training for the 3Day walks in the past. We are only up to 3 miles at a time so far, which equates to a nice, brisk one hour walk. The dogs love it, and it seems to clear my mind a bit.

It certainly feels good to get out and get moving....
One other nice thing that happened this week was that I was contacted by a very nice young lady was working on a Science Fair project regarding the intelligence of Golden Retrievers, and if there was a difference between males and females. She and her Mom came to our house on Thursday and did a couple of quick tests and evaluations on the pups. It was interesting and fun to see how they did. I look forward to hearing her results. That's if for now...and believe me...I've only touched on the lighter stuff from the week...
Ah, but today is a new day, and we have dinner plans with friends that I am looking very forward to...I think it will be the highlight of my week so far! Food that I don't have to cook or cleanup after? Bring it on!

5 comments:

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I sure hope your dad is going to be okay. I'm sorry about the car...that always is bad even when it's a dent. I know it can always be alot worse but having your car smashed a little is rather depressing. Then you have to deal with the insurance company who just never wants to pay to have it fixed right! (I've had alot of dents in my life with cars!) The test on the dogs will be interesting to see!!! Enjoy tonight...it sounds good to me!! We are snowed in here and it's very cold!! Debbie and Holly (Holly loves the snow...I don't!)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You certainly have had a pretty busy and diverse week with everything that has happened. I hope this coming week brings some good news for your car and especially for your Dad!! Congrats on the weight loss, and good for you for kicking it up a notch!!
I'll be anxious to hear the test results on whose smarter--I have my own theories on this subject, but will wait for the "official results." :-)

Chris H said...

Poor wee car, thankfully AJ was ok though. Our sons crashed one of Stew's work cars 3 times in it's first 9 months of life! Not good.
Is there a difference between girls and boys? OF COURSE! Dogs are no different to us people, we are all different!

Najia said...

What a week pretty lady. I hope your papa bear is doing better today, and continues to do so. I'll miss you all today. :-( I'm feeling way better than Friday, but still feel just run-down.

Hugs to AJ and your loved ones. I'm glad he's ok! We will DEFINITELY have a family dinner together soon. Will I see you at book club next week?

XOXO

charlie girl said...

Oh please do share about the results between the males and females, I'd love to hear it. My boys have always been more needy and my girls more independent.
So glad nobody hurt in the car and your Dad will be feeling better. Keep up the good work on your diet, you've come so very far and you inspire me to get my bum outside right now although it's only 43 degrees..but hey, it's washington, it's not raining, hurry!