Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In the Kitchen

For my birthday (in Dec.) AJ promised to make me dinner. See, he'd taken a cooking class at school last year when he was a junior and had yet to prepare anything for us that he'd learned. So when he'd asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him I wanted him to make me dinner. Last night everything fell into place as far as timing, etc. so the boy hit the kitchen and showed us what he was made of!


I have to say, I was impressed. Kona sat quietly, praying for something to drop out of a pan. Good luck with that.
Things were looking good.
The dogs stayed close, hoping for left overs.
AJ made some killer chicken.
Sauteed some mushrooms.
The finished dinner - chicken breasts, corn, and mushroom risotto. It was great!

2 comments:

kks said...

yum! a man that can cook!! a catch indeed! :)...and a perfect birthday gift!
xoxo

How Sam Sees It said...

My husband is a great cook, and let me tell you - that is a great way to get a girl! :)

Sam's Mom