Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary Kona!

Sometimes dates stick in your head. I woke up this morning and thought about what I was doing exactly 3 years ago today. I was meeting Kona for the first time. Little did I know how much that little bundle of white fluff would change my life!

I remember that Hubby was none too keen on getting another dog. At the time we had Jack and Jill, and Harley on a part-time basis. We didn't need another dog...but without going into too much detail, we simply couldn't resist the little guy!


What pure joy it has been having him in our lives. He opened the door of "dog therapy" to me and helped me realize how much pleasure it can be to bring joy to others. Together now we are doing about 150 therapy visits a year, and spend countless hours bringing smiles to those who are in need, whether it be in hospitals, nursing care facilities, senior recreation centers, psychiatric wards, drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities, or hospice.

Thinking back on that day 3 years ago, I thought of what a sweet little pup he was, and thought it would be fun to share some of the earliest pictures we have of him.

This was Kona at 4 1/2 weeks old. This is the first picture I ever saw of him. I think it was love at first site!
Kona and some of his litter mates at 7 weeks old. Kona is on the far left.
On our way home with our new boy!
First meal at home.
Snuggling with my boy our first night at home. We've both changed a bit.
He was little enough to fit under the cocktail table.
What a little lover boy!
Hangin' with the big dogs.


He was such a little polar bear!
First swim lesson!
He looked like a little white harp seal when he was wet!
The trio.

Happy "coming home" anniversary Kona...I hope we share many, many more years together!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Wow, look at that cute, white, fluffy puppy!! So cute :)

kks said...

he looked like a little harp seal when he was 4 wks too!! such a beautiful, sweet soul he is....and such a duo you two are helping so many people!
you both rock!!
have a great weekend!
xoxo

Valerie Cummings said...

OH MY GOODNESS. What a precious baby! Its so neat to see all those pictures of Kona when he was a baby and the one when he was 4 weeks old oh wow!!! Hes such a good boy!!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani